Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Are PM's known to be unreliable?

I often don't get PM reminders myself (whether an email notification or a popup dialog) and when I've asked a couple of members things like whether they've released a certain wad, or if I can try out more of their creations, they've been online several days and I don't get a reply. Since I ask nicely, the only thing I can think of is that they just don't see the PM popup?

invictius said:

Since I ask nicely, the only thing I can think of is that they just don't see the PM popup?

Or never see them, that popup can be disabled.

Yeah, for me sometimes the notifications appear, sometimes they don't. Haven't been able to figure out any pattern here so far.

Yeah, I had some issues a couple of times with the pop-up thing too, but anyway, I almost always take a quick look at the bottom of the main forums page, so it's all good.

Technician said:

My prime minister is an idiot.

So is my president. And pretty much everyone around here.

EDIT: @invictius: You reminded me of a PM I have to send.

Technician said:

Ours hasn't been in the job long but seems to be lurching from one "shit happens" event to the next.

Technician said:

Heh, +1

Yeah, I recently sent out a few PMs to a couple of members and I haven't had any replies. DooMAD, I sent you a PM. Just letting you know. :)

The other day I noticed I had a PM from the summer I hadn't answered. Those popups probably require me to enable JavaScript, which isn't going to happen for DW since it doesn't make anything else better.

And, yes, Technician is right: our PM is an idiot.

Privates messages go right by unnoticed quite a lot for me. Due to a few things like blocking popups. Yeah, I sent Kore a private message, hoping he gets to it.

This thread just reminded me that there actually are PM's on this forum, and since nobody ever sends me PM's, I never check them.

Except for now.
I just found out that I have one.
From 10/08/13.

Sorry 40oz! I will reply swiftly!