Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Doom movie concept art

I see a much campier/more awesome movie in these designs. Like if Doom had been in the vein of the Mortal Kombat movie or something. Would've kicked so much more ass.

The DOOM movie would have been so much better if they used designs like that...they could have had Cyberdemon-like monsters, the Spider demon, demons/imps that shoot fire balls... Instead, it's just a bunch of humans mutated into "monsters". Bleh. Guess they just couldn't/didn't want to do a Hellish theme.

Not impressed, considering that there's Google search fanart that is much more impressive than what was posted. This stuff frankly looks amateur even in comparison to the original sculptures used for the game.

Huh, I like the Cybeie pic with all the controls and stuff. Gives me ideas anyways, and a neat look into all that animatronic stuff. Even though I thought that the costumes they ended up with looked great too. The Manc looks neat too.

GoatLord said:

Not impressed, considering that there's Google search fanart that is much more impressive than what was posted. This stuff frankly looks amateur even in comparison to the original sculptures used for the game.

It's concept art. It's not intended to be high quality.

Dragonsbrethren said:

It's concept art. It's not intended to be high quality.

It's not the quality of the art that bugs me, it's the quality of the designs. They're boring and cheesy. They're actually rendered quite well, they just lack imagination.

GoatLord said:

I think it's clear the movie should have utilized H. R. Giger.

They're saving that...for the Quake movie...

Sorry, couldn't type that with a straight face.

A movie based on Quake 2 might actually be kinda cool. It's not the most original FPS, but it could yield a decent action/sci-fi flick. Obviously, a Quake 1 movie would be even better, but its universe is so jumbled, it would be a very difficult task to translate it to the silver screen.

I don't think the monsters that were used in the Doom Movie were very bad at all. I think they were pretty accurate depictions of Doom 3 monsters, and the pinky with wheels was super cool.

The problem with the Doom movie was not the monsters; it was that there weren't more of them.

I just love that Spider Mastermind. It's so "B movie" and I would sincerely have loved the movie way more if it had been more like that. Like, if Sam Raimi had directed it or something. With Bruce Campbell as Doomguy. Anything but the generic charmless bilge it turned out to be.

Demons done with fluent stopmotion filming technique would have been excellent idea, because stopmotion brings that creepy feeling to movement as seen in terminator 1. I'm fan of real special effects instead of low budget cgi. High end cgi is always welcome but god damnit, if you do it do it with big money or dont do it at all.

40oz said:

The problem with the Doom movie was not the monsters; it was that there weren't more of them.

Not problem, but problems. I haven't seen the whole thing, but from what I could tell, it made no attempt to be unique or capture the atmosphere of the games. It was also embarrassingly un-futuristic. Not that the original Doom was super high-tech, but considering some of the gems of the action/sci-fi genre, Doom is astoundingly boring and corny, considering its source material.

I remember many years ago, there was a magazine called Flux. And in the magazine I remember there was an article about Doom II, I think. And there was a terrifyingly realistic sculpture of a Baron of Hell, or maybe a Pinky demon with chains around it's wrists. I think it was "feasting" on some poor soldier. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Piper Maru said:

Here's what I was talking about. I think it would be neat if something similar to this demon was used in a Doom movie, or even Doom 4.

HOLY SHIT! THAT THING IS HORRIFYING!! I haven't seen the DOOM movie, but I plan on watching it. The trailer kinda scared me away from it because of how awful I thought it looked. I'm gonna have to watch it.
I remember seeing this one part with the pinky demon. It looked...dumb looking. The model looked cool, but the CGI effect really removed the coolness factor. I would have appreciated a clay puppet or animatronic better. Maybe like the one Maru shared? They would have to improve the model and such of course..