Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

My (not technically) first model

For a first model, that's pretty okay. Room for improvement, but not bad. You can only get better from here my friend.

Archi said:

Man, use Edgesplit modifier, it'd be much better.

Now that's something new:

Guest Unregistered account

I need to have a look at Blender sometime, I've either not felt like it or just been too lazy.

(Yes, those are kind of the same thing.)

I think material "painting" can be good.. then you just have to design the models so that each material/color has a good looking area.

Also it looks like you have some vertices on the other side of the mirror. Just select all of the center vertices, scale them to 0 on X, and then move them to 0 on X.

You could make the parts around the tires from cylinders, then use inset on them and delete the inner polygons, so you'd get a more consistent thickness and shape on them.

Joe667 said:

I need to have a look at Blender sometime, I've either not felt like it or just been too lazy.

It's hard not to put off learning Blender; the interface is atrocious and intuitive. I use this - equally free, with an interface that you can mostly pick up without needing to watch a tutorial series. Probably lacks certain features, but that's never been an issue for me.

Joe667 said:

(Yes, those are kind of the same thing.)

You should. It's also an animating, video editing and game making program (uses python).

Guest Unregistered account
C30N9 said:

You should. It's also an animating, video editing and game making program (uses python).

I'm aware. I do actually have it, and thanks to your kind words of encouragement C: I'm going to try...

...sometime.

Not used Blender, I'm a Maya person, but for a first model its good!

You certainly seem to have pushed your self, you will likely look back at this in the future and laugh at it, but also be really proud how far you have come.

Looks like you have used various techneques and different tools to get the shape. Please continue and post updates, would love to see this finished...or at least see how to ends up.

I think making models and messing about with 3D stuff is just awesome! It can certainly be tedious, but guess no pain no glory....or something like that :)