Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HK!D

Terrywad chatter [split from *specific* wads thread]

HK!D said:

Are there any Terry megawads? Just curious.

Well, technically this qualifies as a megawad. It's 18 deathmatch levels for Skulltag. I don't have ST, but I can bet it's as bad as it looks.

Zed said:

Well, technically this qualifies as a megawad. It's 18 deathmatch levels for Skulltag. I don't have ST, but I can bet it's as bad as it looks.

Well, it's mainly for co-op with sv_infiniteammo set to one. A couple of the maps are not beatable because some linedefs trigger instant death. The only other mega wad I can think of is Atomic Attack by Uncle Fuc... I mean, erm, cracker.

Springy said:

Uncle Fuc...

Heh, I love that song. And the movie.

@HK!D: If you're looking for bad megawads, not necessarily "Terry Style", you may want to take a look at Doom Jr.. 32 Awful maps. Enjoy.

EDIT: Or maybe Killing Adventure.

Zed said:

Thanks, but I've heard of that already. UACMN is likely the most infamous of all Terry wads.

Zed said:

Heh, I love that song. And the movie.

@HK!D: If you're looking for bad megawads, not necessarily "Terry Style", you may want to take a look at Doom Jr.. 32 Awful maps. Enjoy.

EDIT: Or maybe Killing Adventure.

You realize. by mentioning Doom Jr, you prompted the alleged baby Jesus to kill another kitten.

You are a bad person.

killadve isn't bad, it's brilliant: nothing but pure concentrated fun, very good humor in the levels/story texts/readme, plus kickass vgmusic.com midi selection. It's amazing. And I still strongly believe that Ruba = TimeOfDeath, everything suggests this imo.

TheMionicDonut said:

You realize. by mentioning Doom Jr, you prompted the alleged baby Jesus to kill another kitten.

You are a bad person.

Heh. How many does he kill per download?

I'm still not sure about Ruba. He/she/it has talent, cool ideas, etc., but often the execution is somehow... "strange". For example, the first map of killadve.wad, or the two Connex wads. But still, they are fun, which is what Doom is about, so it's cool.

Obsidian said:

WOOO isn't a trollwad. :/

I know it's not a trollwad, but it's still a jokewad. I'm also looking for Joke Megawads, too.

HK!D said:

Are there any Terry megawads? Just curious.

I think someone pulled the better bits out of Terry's many wads and re-assembled them, but I don't know how many maps they wound up with. However few, that's probably the only Terrywad worth playing.

Heh, I made a shitty jokewad for fun awhile ago (I'm not much of a mapper), but I never released it because I didn't want to fill DW and /idgames with more crap like that. It's not really like a Terry wad, though, since it doesn't feature that many new graphics or anything of that sort (it was just something I was doing casually). I could post a link to a download if you're interested.

GreyGhost said:

I think someone pulled the better bits out of Terry's many wads and re-assembled them, but I don't know how many maps they wound up with. However few, that's probably the only Terrywad worth playing.

Yep, Terrysux.wad and it's quite a good map. I've been meaning to max that.

4shockblast said:

I could post a link to a download if you're interested.

Yes, please!

HK!D said:

... Besides UACMN and WOOO, I've heard about them already. And yeah, jokewads count too.

OH YOU MOTHERFU...

HK!D said:

I know it's not a trollwad, but it's still a jokewad. I'm also looking for Joke Megawads, too.

...Oh, never mind.

Whispers of Startan, released shortly after WOS to make fun of WOS because of all the symmetry esp in MAP06 of WOS: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15918

In the idgames review section. There is this rather pointless and funny or unfunny comment which I clearly did not write because the real PCORF uses capitals at start of sentences:

"this is one of those rare cases when the sequel (or a tribute, in this case) is better than the original. i'm so awed that the only thing i can say is 'i wish i could map as good as iluvpuppies'... -pcorf"

pcorf said:

Whispers of Startan, released shortly after WOS to make fun of WOS because of all the symmetry esp in MAP06 of WOS: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15918

It reminded me of Ruba's gOggIe, but more plain and boring, with chaingun and bullets instead of shotgun and shells. At least in Ruba's map you have the Berserk, which made it challenging, that one is a piece of cake. I went through the last 12-15 rooms with 1% health in UV-fast (I was over-confident at the beginning and almost die). And Ruba gave you a secret weapon... when you had killed 99% of monsters.

mrthejoshmon said:

OH YOU MOTHERFU...
...Oh, never mind.

Ok, I think I'll change that. Thanks.

Sorry if I freaked anyone out, I guess just Obsidian so far, lol.

pcorf said:

"this is one of those rare cases when the sequel (or a tribute, in this case) is better than the original. i'm so awed that the only thing i can say is 'i wish i could map as good as iluvpuppies'... -pcorf"

Just to let you know, we were all pretty certain that wasn't actually you who left that comment.

40oz said:

Just to let you know, we were all pretty certain that wasn't actually you who left that comment.

But its a funny comment cos its way too good to be true.

Superluigieth1 said:

I might assume that you might be Terry.

Trying to blame someone else for your misdeeds? Nice try Terry, but I'm not fooled. :P