Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dime

20th Anniversary Ultimate Doom Race

As we all know, Doom's 20th anniversary is coming up, and this date will be celebrated on SpeedRunsLive with a good old race of Ultimate Doom.

Mode: UV-speed, episodes 1-3
Date: December 10th
Time: 3 PM EST / 8 PM GMT
Source ports: Anything
Rules: If you use ZDoom or any source ports of that nature, jump, crouch, and permanent SR50 are not allowed. Saves are allowed. Streaming your race is highly recommended, even if it is low quality.
Server: irc.speedrunslive.com
Channel: #speedrunslive

SpeedRunsLive Frequently Asked Questions

You will need to set up an account on the SRL IRC if you intend to join this race. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask questions on the IRC, check the FAQ above, or send Dime a private message.

I suppose you could but one of the big reasons for twitch is that SRL uses a multitwitch page in which all of the streams are placed on a single page.

Aside from the obvious aspect of catching cheaters (If you do episodes 1-3 in 12 minutes, that may be a little sketchy!) it allows the viewers to bring up multiple streams, physically see how the race unfolds and get hyped.

BlackFish said:

What is permanent SR50? Autorun?

Something you can do with ports that allow you to bind multiple actions to a single key.

Gez said:

Something you can do with ports that allow you to bind multiple actions to a single key.

So, could I, say, bind a key to give me 360° no-scope firing abilities? I would rule the anniversary race with that key!

Krispy said:

So, could I, say, bind a key to give me 360° no-scope firing abilities? I would rule the anniversary race with that key!

Bitch please, you need mad skills to do that. No key binding can save you.

Silly question: I have a garbage computer that I use to play doom on. Would you be averse to me just recording a demo of my playthrough of doom today, and perhaps, finding somebody to stream the demo playing back for me tomorrow?

Streaming is pretty much a requirement on SRL, like I said even if it's low quality thats not of a concern. If this doesn't work out for you, I would still do the race starting at 3:00 EST and post your demo up here on the forums.

Speedrunslive takes the cheating thing pretty seriously, so thats why they want recordings typically. Some people are crazy in what they'll do to gain a few SRL points.

http://pastebin.com/H8LCYcnj

Here is an example from a nimbus race if you need help getting set for streaming/SRL

option 2 is to have anyone that wants to race but can't stream join the channel but not enter the race, wait for racebot's GO, and type .time done when they're finished (Blechy mentioned this one to me if streaming is an issue)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Spocso3nNs&list=PLPi2qr4PQ7f51bbIW_h0VtKy7e01rc3Or
(helpful for getting started on SRL)

Gez said:

Doesn't vanilla also allow that?

Channel has been created for the race on SRL.

#srl-wkyl1

Won't need to register a nickname, so you can name yourself whatever
you want and then either copy paste #srl-wkyl1 so you can find
it or type in .races to bring up all current races in the channel.

Server: irc.speedrunslive.com
Channel: #speedrunslive

Ty everyone who participated.

We had 40 entrants for the race. Maybe we'll do it again next year for doom 2.

Happy 20th Doom!!!!

So uh, new news on the winner? links to videos of the runs? something?

I watched a few of them yesterday but was hoping for some after-news.

I will post some links + more info on the 13th. Have my finals here from the 11th-13th so im a bit busy.... Some people were completely new to doom, and several didn't know about the save feature.....

Times ranged from 19:15 to 5:13:22

http://speedrunslive.com/races/game/#!/doompc/1

I'll take a look and see if krank/vortale + altima can save their race highlights.