Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-13: A THANKSGIVING WITH NO BURGERS

Updated the "Thanksgiving Theme" MIDI.

This is basically a straight transcription of the version in the Peanuts Illustrated Songbook (albeit I cut it off at the D.C. al Coda, since that already meant "go back to the beginning of the song"), and as such, the ten seconds in common with what I originally put forth isn't quite as good... might give it a bump later. Still, this would be better for intermission music than just the ten seconds, I'm sure you'd agree.

Yesssss Xaser, that is really fantastic! Man, I'm glad that you were interested in detailing that layout. For one, I love what your doing with it (its very Xaser, and I like Xaser). And for two, I'm pretty much worn completely out after detailing my other map. I was gonna try and do both before you volunteered, but I don't think I could have pulled it off.

Thanks a ton man, I hope your able to finish it!

So, in case anyone isn't tired of my maps yet, here's UAC BBQ Processing that I just finished detailing.

UAC BBQ Processing

I did this as quickly as I could, so it might feel a bit rushed in areas. On the whole though, I think it looks ok given the speed at which I did it.

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues, because I only tested this briefly before uploading it. I'm gonna go sleep for about 50 hours.

The third release candidate is out!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6650582/32in24-13/32in24-13_rc3.zip

Changelog:

• "GRAVY, BITCH!", "This Turkey Needs More Cocaine, Nigella", "Bob's Space Peanut Packing Plant", "Tongue Deep in Stromboli" and "UAC BBQ Processing" have been updated by their authors.
  • "Mekworx Blue Plate Special" has been detailed by Xaser with Mechadon's permission.
  • "Blue Cheese Mashpotatos" has been edited to remove the errant bulk cell, add some cells and rockets, and change the blue armor to a soul sphere, as per dew's advice.
  • Edited "Home Invasion on Thanksgiving" to add two uninvited guests who show up should you play with monsters...
  • Added Shadow Hog's full transcription of the Thanksgiving Theme as the intermission music. (Note that the 10-second version is still the title screen music.)

Public posting for purposes of posting publicly: Seems the Mekplate update didn't actually make it into RC4. A quick bit of fixiness may be in order. D:

Alright here is the final version of my map. The teleporters are functional in this map, so that doesn't have to be fixed again.
Changes:
-Each teleporter takes the players to a different location rather than dumping the players in the center.
-More sector food (ice cream bars and a chocolate chip cookie). This update may have been an excuse to add more sector food.

http://www.speedyshare.com/pVQxX/32in24-13KassV4.wad

Xaser said:

Still a decent amount of solid blue horizontal barness, but it's reached "good enough" standards, I hope. :P

*high-five*

:D

Jubilations! I'd like to thank everyone for the cooperation in the tuning segment. I was strained for free time during the week, but you guys did great, so everything went smoothly. Hopefully this becomes one of the most successful sessions so far!

At this risk of sounding whiney, I noticed one of my maps "Slow-Dance Chubby" got shoved all the way to map42 in the maplist.

I'm not demanding it be moved or anything, but the review dew gave for it didn't sound too bad, and I had a lot of fun with it on the Odamex Nitro testing session, and didn't hear many complaints (at least not as much as my other map - "Late Night Porking" which is 19 mapslots higher.) Just curious to hear any thoughts as to why it got pushed so far back. Is it really bad or did it just happen to get meddled in that way with a long stretch of mediocre maps?

EDIT:
Also sorry about the 'spawn triangles' In theory it seemed like a good idea, and I might have to watch a demo to get a better understanding on why it doesn't work. I only made it to reach closer to the 16 player spawn rule in the OP. Thanks, whoever fixed it :)

I would like to know if people find the gameplay on both of my maps better since dew's last review

Kentucky fried cacodemon kinda works being a bigass map, but I think chocolate factory could have been squished to about half it's size really, it works well enough though

I just noticed a lot of the "open-arena-type" maps were located further back in the set, including mine.

40oz said:

At this risk of sounding whiney, I noticed one of my maps "Slow-Dance Chubby" got shoved all the way to map42 in the maplist.

I'm not demanding it be moved or anything, but the review dew gave for it didn't sound too bad, and I had a lot of fun with it on the Odamex Nitro testing session, and didn't hear many complaints (at least not as much as my other map - "Late Night Porking" which is 19 mapslots higher.) Just curious to hear any thoughts as to why it got pushed so far back. Is it really bad or did it just happen to get meddled in that way with a long stretch of mediocre maps?

EDIT:
Also sorry about the 'spawn triangles' In theory it seemed like a good idea, and I might have to watch a demo to get a better understanding on why it doesn't work. I only made it to reach closer to the 16 player spawn rule in the OP. Thanks, whoever fixed it :)

<SHAK> I have intentionally put a lot of good maps later in the map order
<SHAK> As I just stated, maporder is not there as a ranking of how good your map is.
<SHAK> It's so the rotation doesn't have miserable lulls of several bad maps in a row.

Basically map # doesn't reflect the quality of the much, if at all.

The Green Herring said:

And now, at last, 32in24-13: A Thanksgiving without Burgers has been released!

http://static.angryscience.net/doom/32in2413.zip

Thanks to all designers, Shaikoten for art, esselfortium for the texture pack, dew for gameplay suggestions, and Shadow Hog for the title and intermission MIDIs. Happy no-longer-Thanksgiving!

Glad I contributed to a 32in24 and been from Australia in the far eastern world I had to double check the US Eastern time. I am no DM expert and just studied the item layouts from previous 32in24's. Wanted to make a non symmetrical, non linear layout with overlapping. In fact the overlapping is in 3 different heights.

gothic said:

I just noticed, what happened to this statusbar face?

Our Hero lost a lot of weight due to the lack of burgers.

Hey all,

My server's going down for a bit today for maintenance, so the semi-permanent download mirror on static.angryscience will be unavailable until it returns (which ought to be later today -- and I'm actually meaning it this time :P ).

For now, here's a temp. link in case anyone wants to snag it during the downtime:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70797060/32in2413.zip

[EDIT] Server's back up, so the OP link is back in action. Thanks for the maybe-patience, all. ;P

32in24-13: A Thanksgiving without Burgers has been updated for upload to idgames/!

http://static.angryscience.net/doom/32in2413.zip

The WAD is in incoming/ as we speak. Above is where you can get it until it pops up in the archives. This one version trims the textures to reduce filesize, heralds the return of the 32in24 HUD face (which was missing because I forgot to put it in), includes Tarnsman's updated level as a separate bonus map (and renders his deliberate typo correctly), and fixes two bugs in "Tater Tot Tempest": a giant HOM (created by a two-sided line not marked double-sided) and a bleeding light texture caused by an unclosed sector.

Enjoy!

Half of that is because the old map is the one that was gameplay-tested for the entirety of the WAD's development process, the one Shaikoten used to finalize its placement in the WAD, and the one that would be in what would have been the final version of the WAD had /idgames not been read-only at the time. The update you released notably has wider hallways than the original, which, according to the analysis of people who played the original map, may cause the pace to be less frantic than before. That's what I was told when I brought up your update with them. The other half is because you posted your update four days after the WAD was released (hence "(No Tip for the Delivery Guy)"), accompanied by the message to "deal with it, it's not on idgames yet :P" even though the reason it wasn't on /idgames was because, as previously mentioned, it was read-only at that point. Because of all of this, it was suggested I include the update as a separate bonus map, which I did.