Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
codeslicer

Weapon reskin

How would I reskin weapons if I wanted to edit them myself? Same weapons, just reskinned when the player holds the weapon or its on the ground.

codeslicer said:

How would I reskin weapons if I wanted to edit them myself? Same weapons, just reskinned when the player holds the weapon or its on the ground.

Go through these tutorials http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html the 2nd one is what you are looking for though you should do the first one before hand.

Edit: Also try searching the forum its how I found this page :-)

codeslicer said:

Also, is there one for Skulltag or Zandronum? I mean ZDoom is good but I prefer ST

Is it not working in either of those? It should work for both of those. I made the pistol from turok rage wars using those tutorials and it works in Zandronum.

kalinus said:

Is it not working in either of those? It should work for both of those. I made the pistol from turok rage wars using those tutorials and it works in Zandronum.

Yay it works! but I cant get the square around weapon to be transparent.

codeslicer said:

Have you tried using gimp it works great for editing images in my opinion and you can make the background transparent.

kalinus said:

Have you tried using gimp it works great for editing images in my opinion and you can make the background transparent.

I'll try it, but I don't have admin power here so I cant dwnload.

codeslicer said:

If the square around it is a solid colour, and that colour isn't also on the gun, then you can use SLADE to automatically set that colour to transparent.

Just dump your .png into SLADE, right-click it > Graphic > Convert to...

Then just check the box marked "Enable Transparency," select the radio button marked "Transparent Colour:," then on the left image, click on the colour you want to be invisible. The image on the right should preview to a checkered background around the gun, showing you that you've succeeded.

Good luck. I just recently got into gunmaking myself. It's a lot of fun! :-)

schwerpunk said:

If the square around it is a solid colour, and that colour isn't also on the gun, then you can use SLADE to automatically set that colour to transparent.

Just dump your .png into SLADE, right-click it > Graphic > Convert to...

Then just check the box marked "Enable Transparency," select the radio button marked "Transparent Colour:," then on the left image, click on the colour you want to be invisible. The image on the right should preview to a checkered background around the gun, showing you that you've succeeded.

Good luck. I just recently got into gunmaking myself. It's a lot of fun! :-)

Thanks! :D

codeslicer said:

I'll try it, but I don't have admin power here so I cant dwnload.

Gimp is a free image editing program you can get it here http://www.gimp.org/

You can use it to convert images into the doom pallet too.
This is a good vid to watch if you wanna make your own stuff for doom and it will teach you how to use the doom pallet in gimp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1giZaRWOOE