Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

**Deathmatch Revival** FINISHED!

******* UPDATE AS OF 3/31/2014 8:22pm EST: DMR_2014.wad is COMPLETED and uploaded to /idgames and submitted to doomwadstation.net*******

Servers on Zdaemon and Zandronum will be updated once DMR_2014.zip is listed on Doomworld idgames. It's in the archive now, under DOOM2/Deathmatch/Ports/megawads. Ty Halderman said that on Thursday, it will be listed on Doomworld.

***12/6/2013***

I'm the new Project Manager of DMR.

I created a list and please let me know if I am missing anybody:

doomguy93
Doomkid92
joepallai
W1D3A55
bobvorn
one_Two
katZune
Lextiic
Flamen0d
mrthejoshmon
joe-ilya
Captain Toenail
FireFish
TheMionicDonut
walter confalonieri
GuardSoul
Mr.Fiat
Inkie
DataCore
Phendrena
Omegalore
Springy

I will be keeping Joe Pallai’s requirements/rules of each map:
1) The map must be fun to play; well balanced; and engaging over the long term.
2) Port specific features used need to add to the Deathmatch experience in a significant gameplay related manner.
3) Port specific features used need to be 100% cross compatible between these two source ports: Zandronum and Odamex.
4) Gameplay over graphics (unless it is ugly enough that I am forced to make a call on it).

Download the official version here: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/megawads/dmr_2014.zip

mrthejoshmon said:

You know, I could try making another map for this if you want.

Sure that would be a good idea. Go for it.

joepallai said:

DrewPicklesOgre withdrew his map previously

Thanks for letting me know. His is the crematorium right?

joepallai said:

I think that was it.

An another note, when you do the editing in doombuilder, what format did you use it in? Did you use zdoom (Doom in Doom Format) or zdoom (Doom in Hexen Format)?

Hey DMR Team. This is the first updated beta under my management.
It contains some revisions on maps:
MAP10, MAP11, MAP15, MAP19, MAP25, and MAP30

Unfortunately, I had to cut a few either by request
or failure to meet critera.

Maps that were cut:
MAP14 (The Creamatorium)
MAP17 (UAC Testing Center)
MAP21 (SPACEPORT)
MAP23 (Sin Chaser)
MAP27 (Your Damned)
MAP28 (Grand Void)

Maps that were untouched:
MAP01 (DMR01)
MAP02 (Entrymake)
MAP03 (Training Center V.2)
MAP04 (oT_War)
MAP05 (A. Map)
MAP06 (Roots Bloody Roots)
MAP07 (Generic UAC Base)
MAP08 (Weapon Research Facility)
MAP09 (Outpost 17)
MAP12 (Skull Crusher)
MAP13 (No Fun Zone)
MAP16 (Deathmatch Prison)
MAP22 (Block Fort)
MAP31 (Trips And Tracks) <-- I might change this to a different map slot
MAP32 (Smoke Break) <-- I might change this to a different map slot
MAP34 (The Great Tree) <-- I might change this to a different map slot
E3M1 (Switcherdoom!) <-- I don't know why this is a E3M1? I might change it to a different map slot and replace the MIDI

Maps that need significant work:
MAP20 (Soul Recycler)
MAP33 (Suicide House)

MAPs that "MIGHT" need some minor changes:
MAP13 (No Fun Zone)
MAP16 (Deathmatch Prison)
MAP24 (Splatter House)
MAP26 (Hell Halls)

Maps I added:
MAP14 (GOTHIC) <-- I made this level and since The Creamatorium was removed I filled in the slot with "Gothic"
MAP11 (The Courtyard) <-- A much better version of my Horto Bellatorem map. Contains new MIDI and textures.

Maps I edited:
MAP10 (Power Plant)
MAP15 (R. Dungeon)
MAP30 (Credits)
MAP19 (Donut)

OPEN LEVELS:
MAP17
MAP21
MAP23
MAP27
MAP28
MAP29

Some new MIDIs and textures were added into this beta too.

More to come!

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hzm37555dbpjbzw/DMR_DG93+beta+1.zip

FYI: I exited this project a long time ago (long before DK92 bowed out). There's nothing of mine in the beta, so please remove my name from the list of contributors in the post/zip. Thanks :)

durian said:

FYI: I exited this project a long time ago (long before DK92 bowed out). There's nothing of mine in the beta, so please remove my name from the list of contributors in the post/zip. Thanks :)

Ok Durian. Not a problem. Feel free to drop in whenever with any of your advice!

well, my poor level needs a lot of rework...

anyway the "silly theme" is just a house layout tributing many 1994 era DM maps, so it's not that extremly serious... but until the game works and it's fun to play everthing it's ok, right? ... Right?

However i'll see to fix that damn floating bfg (that actually i don't remember it)....

doomguy93 said:

An another note, when you do the editing in doombuilder, what format did you use it in? Did you use zdoom (Doom in Doom Format) or zdoom (Doom in Hexen Format)?

I used Doom in Hexen Format due to one map (can't remember which one).

the BFG in Map24 was put there temporarily without any way of getting to it(I was going to add that later).

Also I should publicly say thank you for taking over the reigns and keeping this project alive.

I *HIGHLY* suggest you enlist the help of fairly skilled players from any\all of the multiplayer communities if you are serious about making this into something worth playing.

mrthejoshmon said:

https://www.mediafire.com/?pcl00vbu57o7757
Here is the map, it is a small CQC map intended for duels or 2 - 8 player battles (In Doom format)

(I have extensively tested with bots in Zandronum and alone on ZDeamon)

That's a pretty good little map you have. My only concern with it is that it might be a little too small for 8 players. However, if you make it a bit wider (like down the middle) it might work for all 8 players.

I will upload an image soon to show you what I am talking about.

@walter confalonier: Joe just gave me the contents of your latest modification of suicide house. I haven't looked at it yet, but I will let you know what I think.

@Joe-ilya: Sure you can make a new map. JoePallai has allowed me to put back his two levels into the new beta, so maps 17 and 23 will be occupied. I can still put your new map in a new slot though.

@Marcaek: Yes I understand. The betas will be play tested by outside participants of this project like it was in the past.

To everyone else: A new beta will be made sometime next week or so. For now I have to study for my final exams for school so I probably won't be working on the new beta right away. JoePallai has given me updated modifications of maps 07, 10, 13, 25, and a brand new map. Keep in mind, map rotation will change once all the maps are finished.

Things are looking like they are heading in the right direction. Sit tight and I'll keep you updated.

Oh and just another thought.... If you are going to make a new map, please DON'T make it huge. Try to keep them at a small to medium size layout. Like a dwango5 or brit10 map size would be ideal, but don't make it tiny. I don't want anymore huge maps like the current MAP20 (Soul Recycler). Bigger doesn't always mean better.

FireFish said:

the last beta makes prboom+ and zdaemon bomb out with a crash.

prboom+ :
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 568 in texture SW93

zdaemon :
W_CacheLumpNum: 4294967295 >= numlumps

I don't use those source ports (prboom or Zdaemon). DMR is primarily geared towards Zandronum, Skulltag (which not many people seem to use anymore), and odamex. So I don't know how to fix that problem. Maybe in the future I will look into that. Thanks for pointing that out FireFish.

walter confalonieri said:

Played the map on your beta version, it's actually a very old version of my map!

Anyway fixed by the joepallai (ages ago) and your recent advice:

https://www.mediafire.com/?rt5froqezjnp3k6

I'll look into that maybe tomorrow and give you my thoughts on it walter. Right now I'm a bit busy.

@mrthejoshmon What do you think of this idea of expanding the width of your map?

I would like to submit this map. Its a rather simple techbase layout that could fit 4-8 players fairly well. Made in vanilla doom2 format, as I didn't take advantage of any port features. I've never really mapped for multiplayer that much, so I'm not really expecting it to be perfect.

Anyhoo, here's Water Station:

Linky:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4ohcoeajkgbc5o/DMWS.wad

Its in map01 for now. Doesn't include any custom music, feel free to put in whatever you think would work.

Hi all,

Room for any more mappers? I wouldn't mind contributing a DM map to this one as I've never mapped for DM before. If you like what I come up then super :)

Dave

@mrthejoshmon: Awesome man, let me know when you are done with editing your map.

@pcorf: I am aware and I will fix that. For now, type "MAP MAP07" into the command prompt to play it.
I'm in the process of renovating the map because Joepallai just recently gave me an updated version of it.

@Inkie: I like that map. It is a pretty good techbase. It flows well, but it could use a little better item placement, such as a adding a plasma rifle or BFG9000.
Do you want me to add one of those into your map somewhere?

@Phendrena: Sure I'll check it out, but at this point I think I'm going to put a hold on new map submissions after looking at yours Phendrena.

Not submitted anything yet mate!!!
I'll work on a map anyway as I'd like to have a bosh as coming up with a DM map. If you want to include it then fair enough, if not then it's more mapping experience for me :)

Dave

Phendrena said:

Not submitted anything yet mate!!!
I'll work on a map anyway as I'd like to have a bosh as coming up with a DM map. If you want to include it then fair enough, if not then it's more mapping experience for me :)

Dave

Alright sounds good :) Just a couple of requests: Focus on gameplay over graphics. The map is not required to look super pretty like MAP 13's "No Fun Zone" but make sure it isn't a total eyesore. Also, don't get too fancy with overusing things like lifts/ teleports/ or crazy obstacles. Just make sure it flows well and it is well balanced between weapons/power ups/health packs etc... And have it play tested numerous times not just by you/bots, but by other doomers.

doomguy93 said:

I like that map. It is a pretty good techbase. It flows well, but it could use a little better item placement, such as a adding a plasma rifle or BFG9000.
Do you want me to add one of those into your map somewhere?

I suppose I could find a spot for one.

What would you say is wrong about the item placement? I'm not taking offense, I just would like some more details on what is good and bad.