Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

indiana jones fans: prepare your anus

Star Wars has the luxury of being set in a universe that can include as many characters as ones imagination can create. Indian Jones stars a character that happens to be Harrison Ford in a good mood.

Sadly, Ford is too old and grumpy to play Indy and I don't really want to retread Young Indiana Jones territory, again.

Ford would only agree to be in the new Star Wars films if Disney would guarantee he would get to do one more Indiana Jones film.

I'm almost certain they'll do a reboot, and it will be every bit as terrible as you're imagining.

I wouldn't mind Ford in a new Star Wars movie as long as he is meant to be the same age in it as he is now.

fraggle said:

I'm almost certain they'll do a reboot, and it will be every bit as terrible as you're imagining.

Nope, Harrison Ford has wanted to do a 5th film pretty much since Crystal Skull came out.

I'd actually wish they would do a remake, because all of the news so far has pointed to the 5th film being like the Last Crusade, except with Indy in the Sean Connery role & Shia Labeouf taking over as the main character.

I actually enjoyed Crystal Skull. Yeah, it wasn't religious relics and Nazis anymore, but honestly aliens and commies isn't in any way quantifiably different. It was full of implausible action in ancient ruins, which I thought was the point of the Indiana Jones franchise?

Though I suppose with Disney behind it can turn into something that feels less like a (goofy) story and more like a theme park ride, since it's how the Pirates of the Caribbeans series evolved.

Disney will own all. If only Terminator didn't sell prior to Disney buying Marvel and everything else.

As for Mr. Bond. I mean Mr. Jones, that last movie burnt me out before the fridge scene. I felt completely satisfied as a watcher in the first 20 minutes and I was done watching the movie. I saw it in theaters on a date with an archeologist. Then I saw it when I rented it. After the fridge scene I just turned it off. The opening was just too long it could have been its own movie.

Disney isn't a bad filmmaking enterprise in its own right. The Pirates of the Caribbean series attest to how they have people who know what they're doing with live action movies (whether some of us are too old and grumpy to appreciate them is beside the point). So who knows, maybe they'll find a way to breathe new life into the Star Wars and Indiana Jones canons. And if they don't, who cares? It's not like either of them could be ruined any more than they already have been.

fraggle said:

I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!
:D

I think the Indiana Jones franchise was outdated for National Treasure. Netflix has both Tomb Raider movies.

I have no problem with Disney owning the rights. Marvel is getting a ton of movies with Disney owning them. Now we'll see Indiana Jones stuff in Disney stores. ... but what we won't see is a Mexican princess from Disney.

I dont have anything bad to say about crystal skull, I was happy when I left the theatre and I dont see disney as bad thing

Waffenak said:

I dont have anything bad to say about crystal skull, I was happy when I left the theatre and I dont see disney as bad thing

I have bad things to say about Crystal Skull, but I didn't hate it nearly as much as everyone else seems to. Outside of some stupid moments like the nuke scene or the jungle vine swinging (and when the film got stupid, it really got stupid), I enjoyed the film.

Better than Temple of Doom, worse than Raiders (well duh) and Last Crusade.

Shadow Hog said:

I have bad things to say about Crystal Skull, but I didn't hate it nearly as much as everyone else seems to. Outside of some stupid moments like the nuke scene or the jungle vine swinging (and when the film got stupid, it really got stupid), I enjoyed the film.

Better than Temple of Doom, worse than Raiders (well duh) and Last Crusade.

Yeah I didn't like Crystal Skull either. Maybe it was just out of place in this era or too over the top.

Technician said:

Temple of Doom was genius. That film was fucking dark.

Just learn to ignore the woman.

It is law of the sequels that in trilogy the second movie is the most darkest. This law is valid in original star wars, back to the future and indiana jones trilogies

Waffenak said:

It is law of the sequels that in trilogy the second movie is the most darkest. This law is valid in original star wars, back to the future and indiana jones trilogies

Technically ToD is a prequel to Raiders.

Technician said:

Just learn to ignore the woman.

Yep. Sadly, the same can't be said about Shia LeBouf. I especially reviled the notion that the mantlehat gets picked by an uneducated moron. Bah.

I didn't mind the commies or the aliens, but the CGI and action wasn't interesting beyond the beginning scene.

I best remember Indiana Jones from that Fate of Atlantis DOS game, and the original trilogy was great. Otherwise, let it go. The Crystal Skull film felt forced, Harrison Ford looked tired.

Technician said:

Technically ToD is a prequel to Raiders.

Yes if we are speaking of chronological order it is correct but I originally meant production order of movies

I'm still waiting for Jones to get that damn Peacock jewel from ToD and the Young Indy Chronicles. Many Wu Han's died to get him that jem, lets see him get it finally.

I hope that when I'm in my 80s I, like Indiana Jones, can jump from vehicle to vehicle fighting Commie bastards without shitting my kegs or suffering from back spasms. My nan's toy boy Colin is 86 and he couldn't do that.

Jaws In Space said:

I'd actually wish they would do a remake, because all of the news so far has pointed to the 5th film being like the Last Crusade, except with Indy in the Sean Connery role & Shia Labeouf taking over as the main character.

For the love of god no! No more Shia Labeouf.

Jaws In Space said:

...with Indy in the Sean Connery role & Shia Labeouf taking over as the main character...

Eugggh. Really not interested in seeing another IJ where the scriptwriter's cleverest line for LeBoeuf is 'old man', repeated a dozen times. No shit, Sherlock, he's too old; the slapdash CGI in place of practical effects & stuntwork made that abundantly clear, if not his pervasive vacillation between indifference & grumpiness about what was going on, a la Tommy Lee Jones in MiB3. I'm really kinda suprised he says he'd do a 5th.

Well the franchise was already fucked when they made the fourth Iindiana jones film. How much worse can disney make it now?

For some reason i think Disney in cinematography is like LJN in video games (AVGN fans will get this).
Like, seriously, i never liked Disney anyway (modern Disney at least).
As for the Indiana Jones, i think i'll agree with doomguy93