Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Reactor Rush - a 1024 map with a twist!

Reactor Rush.

Reactor Rush is a 1024 map with a twist: at the centre of the map is a reactor core. If the reactor core dies, you do too - protect it at all costs! There are visual clues every time the core gets damaged, so keep an eye on the rest of the map. Enjoy!

Also, I tried customizing this map for deathmatch, so if someone could give me feedback on that as well that'd be great. :)

Pretty fun and challenging. I also like that this was all done with vanilla functions, very clever use of line specials.

A reactor not made of glowing FIREBLU!? :p

Certainly a good gameplay element to make a 1024 space challenging.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear to work in vanilla. The switch to activate the first monster wave is >32units from the player. but even if it is moved closer wont activate because vanilla doesn't support pass-thru of repeatable linedef actions (the GR door is blocking the switch from being pressed).

Also I think the cyber on mp will get stuck in 4 demons.

traversd said:

A reactor not made of glowing FIREBLU!? :p

Certainly a good gameplay element to make a 1024 space challenging.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear to work in vanilla. The switch to activate the first monster wave is >32units from the player. but even if it is moved closer wont activate because vanilla doesn't support pass-thru of repeatable linedef actions (the GR door is blocking the switch from being pressed).

Also I think the cyber on mp will get stuck in 4 demons.

Serves me right for only testing in ZDoom, I guess. X-/ I can whip up a fix for the first one, and the Cyberdemon is purely for Deathmatch: I only put co-op player starts to cover all the bases. Also, I dunno if a FIREBLU reactor would quite fit this map, no matter how sexy FIREBLU is. :P