Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

doom alpha 0.4 resource wad released!

The last time I mentioned about this was in April or March, but still...

I have released the Doom Alpha 0.4 Resource Wad v0.8. It has everything from Doom Alpha 0.4 except the levels and a few misc. graphics. You must use EDGE to play it, but that doesn't prevent you to taking some stuff from it, AS LONG AS YOU GIVE ME CREDIT! So where do you get it from? At doom.wrong.button.com, which is a wonderful ftp in my opinion.

There is a few bugs that I know of, all of them texture-related. Don't bother asking me about the death and attack frames with the Imp, Demon and Baron Of Hell, cause they originally didn't have death frames or attack frames, so I'm keeping it like that.

Hey, good job.

I remembered someone had mentioned planning on doing this a while back. I guess it was you. Looks like you managed to get far more out of the file than I have managed to find in the past. A lot of interesting bits and pieces there. What did you use tool wise?

it says in the text file.

i also reuploaded it with a level. go check.

You know when someone's completely obssesed with something : he starts rebuilding the past, obscure incarnations of that same thing. :)

You know when someone's completely obssesed with something : he starts rebuilding the past, obscure incarnations of that same thing. :)

Basically, I wanted to show newbies the past in a stable version of Doom.

Also, I found an error, that without the DDF's in the same dir as EDGE, the wad will show the Doom 2 weapons. I fixed it, so I re-reuploaded it.

No offense, really. It was just a little post more for me.
Afterall, there's a Quake3 group developing "Lost Arena", wich includes all those levels that never made it into the release, based on like 1000 screenshots of Q3A development.

Just Wintex and DEUtex,

I tried them on the Alpha and Beta dooms some time ago. I managed to get quite a lot of stuff out, but you have managed more than me. Guess I was doing something wrong.

That's awesome! It's being moved to your dir in "source ports & total conversions" as we speak... er type. Great job!

I can't seem to grab stuff from Alpha 0.2. I've got everything from the other Alphas/Betas.

Thanks Elbryan, the Wad is now here.

Also, if anyone who has Yadex installed and they want to help me out with the levels, just email me. I'll send you the levels in a zip.

Oh, and Zaldron, I wasn't offended at all. I realised that straight away.