Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

weirdest wad since skymaybe

invictius said:

Also, it has some sort of sound file that SLADE doesn't recognise for the first level (SLADE saves it as a .dat, winamp doesn't know what to do with it)

What lump name? Using latest SLADE I don't see any lumps that aren't recognized.

e: LUSH_EDI ? It's a mod file (old tracker module). You could play it with XMPlay or ModPlug. WinAMP might be able to handle it if you change the extension to .mod

e2: this is a pretty ok map, if you like platforming. Not that weird so far, just some flat textures and gameplay quite different than normal Doom. But no god-imps or game-crashing doors yet.

e3: all right, well that felt pretty rough and unfinished. has it's moments if you don't mind hideous flat texturing. I guess it is weird in some places but it doesn't feel deliberately so like TSMB.

Sorry for the super necro post, but I guess this is kinda relevant.

Today I was bored so I decided to search for one of my old WADs in Google to check if it was floating around in the internet (I've uploaded before to an FTP site so me and my friends could play it via Doom Seeker) and... oh boy, I didn't know someone else would download it. :P

So yeah, I'm the creator of this WAD. I made it probably in 2013 (?) for me and my friends to have fun with it (at the time we were like, 13 years old).

The WAD probably has a bunch of references that probably nobody would have known aside from my friends, so whatever, let's explain what is happening there:

1. Yes, it was a platforming WAD based on a very old GameMaker: Studio game I've made, me and my friends loved playing it so, because I was experimenting with Doom WADs, I decided to try to "port" it to Doom

2. It was public because Doom Seeker needed the WAD to be stored somewhere and I couldn't figure out how, so I sent it to a public FTP site and hosted there.

3. Yes, the game name means absolutely nothing in english, I just mashed three different words and that was it.

4. The WAD is entirely in portuguese because, as I said before, it was meant for only me and my friends. (and because we live in Brazil...)

5. One of my levels is my old IRL school, we loved playing hide and seek in Doom there.

6. At the time my super crappy computer couldn't handle Doom Builder 2 (or GZDoom Builder for that matter) so building 3D stuff was an absolute nightmare.

Anyway, I never knew *someone else* would download it and post a thread about it on Doom World, thanks for the nostalgia I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by MrPowerGamerBR

On 9/17/2017 at 1:15 PM, MrPowerGamerBR said:

Yes, the game name means absolutely nothing in english, I just mashed three different words and that was it.

Well, that's not entirely true - it's a 3D game, and it's hard (I assume).

Sorry for the necro (again!), I stumbled upon this thread when I was trying to find my old WADs.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:58 PM, SilverHawaiin said:

Id like to look at it if you dont mind :D

I rehosted the WADs here (with all the versions I made of it! I actually did make another version (what was a bit better) but I think I never hosted it anywhere), while the page is entirely in portuguese, it shouldn't be hard to find the download link (and, if you know portuguese, you can read why I created the WAD!): https://mrpowergamerbr.com/projects/2d-game-hard/3d-game-hard

And, as a bonus, you can even see the original 2D game here https://mrpowergamerbr.com/projects/2d-game-hard (to see if it is a faithful recreation of the original 2D game)

But remember, that stuff I made when I was 12/13 years old (in 2012/2013), so of course it is a bit messy and... well, kinda bad, but I still like it!

On 9/19/2017 at 12:27 AM, Shadow Hog said:

Well, that's not entirely true - it's a 3D game, and it's hard (I assume).

Yeah, it does have a bit of meaning to it, but it isn't a very creative nor meaningful name, as you said: It is a 3D game, and it is hard. (well, not *that* hard to be honest, after playing it after all these years, I can still beat it without dying once!)

I still wonder how my WAD got in that original FTP server... I remember submitting it somewhere because Doom Seeker needed the WADs to be hosted somewhere, so I hosted it on a free FTP server I found that allowed hosting Doom WADs, but I don't remember what it was (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that floorchan server)