Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bradharding

DOOM Retro v3.0.3 (updated September 21, 2019)

I am on Win 8.1 x64

By the way, Bard, why do I encounter

Cannot open include file: '../midiproc/midiproc.h': No such file or directory

when I try to build in VS 2019 from a clone of the github repo? I already had to change the target of midiproc from v141_xp to v141 to avoid another error by the way. I can't seem to find "v141_xp" in the installer.

In my case, the 32-bit version runs perfectly fine whereas the 64-bit version simply doesn't open anything (no iwad selection, no error message, nothing).

I am on windows 10 64-bit

32bit works for me, too. Also, the one time I had tried it under debugging it worked, so I guess it may be memory/heap-related.

C sucks!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, Get Phobo said:

So it now crashes Dr. Memory itself, haha.

As I understood it, Dr. Memory just executes the application under test as-is, while at the same time bookkeeping the memory usage of that application. So a crash in the application will not be prevented right away. The big problem with heap corruption is that the impact can be random: it might crash the application on one sytem, but it might also remain undetected on another system. That's where Dr. Memory can help. Even if the application does not crash at all, the tool will still create a log of all occurances of heap corruption. When the application was build with debug info, also function names and line numbers are reported to pinpoint the origin of the heap corruption.

5 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I can confirm that DoomRetro 3.0.1 actually does run without issue on this end:

It will ask where my iwad is, I select it and it runs..

Running doomretro-3.0.1-win32.

If it's any help, I'm on Win10 Pro 64bit.

I do however have MSVS 2019 and a really old VBv6 installed also.

So, it's likely that I have more dependent files on my system, which might make a difference?

Note that this is a clean install of Doom Retro and I'm not overwriting any previous install or anything.

I have pretty much the same observation here. I'm on Win 10 Home 64 bit. Both doomretro-3.0.1-win32 and doomretro-3.0.1-x64 run fine from a clean install, including the iwad selection popup. I do have MSVS 2017 installed.

Thanks everyone. I've downloaded Dr Memory, run doomretro.exe through it and am trying to make sense of the results. It seems that there's quite a few issues that need addressing. (Also, infighting now appears to be broken.) So hopefully a v3.0.2 won't be too far away.

Hi everyone. I've just released a small point release, version 3.0.2. It addresses some stability issues, fixes infighting, and applies some compatibility fixes for Noiser's D4V. Visit www.doomretro.com to download, and if you have any issues please let me know.

For me, the silent crashing error is not there. I just downloaded the program from the website. (It is the 32bit version. I guess the x64 would still have the problem?)

@Get PhoboDid you try the 32bit version?

But if you create a doomretro.cfg file and put

iwadfolder "C:\path\to\your\wads\folder"

in it, with the correct folder, it works, right?

Surprisingly, for some reason, it works now (only the 32-bit version). I updated my Intel Graphics driver yesterday, though. The previous version was the 7000, released a few weeks ago, now it's the 7158. So, this works now. It is not dependent on a .cfg file being present. The file is created automatically by the game after I choose the IWAD.