Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

Collection of Doom 20th news

My favorite quote: "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil. Prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun."
Terry Pratchett

Here's the full list of news articles...

1. Doom is 20 Years Old Today - The Huffington Post UK
  2. Doom: 20 Years of a Gaming Legend - TechRadar
  3. Twenty Years of Ultra-Violence - MetaFilter
  4. Doom Was Launched 20 Years Ago - NetMassimo
  5. Q&A: Doom's Creator Looks Back on 20 Years of Demonic Mayhem - Wired
  6. Doom's Legacy: 20 Years of Brutal FPS Action - Stuff UK
  7. Celebrating 20 Years, Doom's Legacy is Its Human Connection - Polygon
  8. Happy 20th Birthday, Doom! id Software's Legendary Shooter Was Released Twenty Years Ago Today - Kotaku
  9. 20 Years of Doom: The Most Influential Shooter Ever - Paste Magazine
  10. Doom at 20: John Carmack's Hellspawn Changed Gaming Forever - The Verge
  11. The Meaning of Doom - The Economist
  12. Doom Turns 20, Original id Software Developer American McGee Talks Legacy, Kickstarter, and "Quake" on the Venerated Shooter's 20th Anniversary - Complex Gaming
  13. 20 Years Later: A Look Back at My Doom Love Affair - PC Magazine
  14. Doom 20th Anniversary Today — A True Classic - IncGamers
  15. Doom, the Original and Best First-Person Shooter, is 20 Years Old Today - ExtremeTech
  16. We Play Doom With John Romero - IGN
  17. Memories of Doom, by John Romero & John Carmack - Kotaku
  18. Happy 20th, Doom! - Bethesda Softworks
  19. Happy 20th Birthday Doom! Why Doom is the Seed of All Modern Games - GamesRadar
  20. Doom Retrospective: 20 Years of the Game That Didn't Just Change Gaming Forever — It Changed Gamers - Eurogamer
  21. Toast to the Monsters: 20 Years of Doom - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
  22. Classic Computer Game "Doom" Made in Mesquite, is 20 Years Old Today - The Dallas Morning News
  23. Ars Editors Remember Their First Taste of Doom, 20 Years Later: Looking Back on Two Decades of Fragging, from Computer Lab LANs to the TI-85 - Ars Technica
  24. Why Doom Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Time Tech
  25. Knee Deep in History: 20 Years of Doom - NBC News
  26. 20 Years Later, Doom Still Looms Large Over the Games Industry - PC & Tech Authority
  27. Doom Celebrates 20 Years of Gaming - Co-Optimus
  28. Happy 20th, Doom - UPROXX
  29. John Carmack Reminisces on 20 Years of Doom and What Happened With Doom 4 - Warp Zoned
  30. Happy Birthday to Doom, Happy Birthday to Doom: 20 Years Young! - Eurogamer
  31. Remembering Doom: 20 Years Later - PCGamesN
  32. Doom Reaches 20th Anniversary, Celebrations Across the Web - PlayStation Universe
  33. id Software's Doom Turns 20 Years Old - GameNGuide
  34. Creators of Doom Reflect on 20th Anniversary - The Vine
  35. A Look Back at Doom: Celebrating 20 Years of Gore and Mayhem - VR-Zone
  36. Groundbreaking First-Person Shooter "Doom" is 20 Today: IDDQD - Gameplanet
  37. Doom is 20 Years Old Today: Happy Birthday to the Granddaddy of All FPSes - play.tm
  38. Doom Turns 20 Today: Let's Remember the Good Times - games.on.net
  39. Doom Celebrates Its 20th Birthday! - TV3
  40. Groundbreaking First-Person Shooter Game "Doom" Turns 20 - TeleManagement
  41. Classic Doom 20th Birthday - ESReality
  42. After 20 Years, Doom Co-Creator John Romero Looks Back on the Impact of a Seminal (and Satanic) Game - VentureBeat
  43. How Doom Inspired the First-Person-Shooter Game 20 Years Ago - Tom's Guide
  44. Doom 20th Birthday Video Perfectly Captures the '90s Slaughterfest - Mashable
  45. The Meaning of Doom - Malaysian Digest
  46. Doom Turns 20: We Take a Look at the Game's History - International Business Times
  47. Doom is 20 Years Old Already! Here, Have a Dancing Cyberdemon - GMA News
  48. Doom: Venti Anni di Incubi - FantasyMagazine
  49. Happy 20th Anniversary, Doom: This Was the Game That Cemented My Love for FPS Titles - Destructoid
  50. USgamer Celebrates 20 Years of Doom - USgamer
  51. Happy 20th Birthday, Doom! - Yahoo!
  52. Doom Turns 20 - Game Informer
  53. Doom Turns 20 Today: Watch How it Was Made - VirtualReality.ca
  54. Happy Birthday to Doom! - Gaming Nexus
  55. Ww Are Doomed — An Art Tribute to 20 Years of Doom - Game Art HQ
  56. Doom: Celebrating 20 Years of BFG - Structure Gaming
  57. Doom 20th Anniversary Livestream Replay: We Remember Doom in the Most Fitting Way Possible, By Blasting Demons to Hell and Back - Gamereactor
If there's more to add or an omission then please let us know. I hope that I'm not treading on your toes by updating the list Chris. :)

Nah, no problem, savage. It's cool. I can replace my list with your list to the OP if you like? Might be the best thing to do.

I dunno if this is relevant to the thread, but Doom's 20th anniversary brought in a ton of new/returning space marines to the community and I just wanted to take a moment to welcome all of them here! I hope you guys are here to stay because it's always nice seeing new level designers or getting feedback on new maps and what have you. It's an awesome game and there's a reason why we all kinda commune here :)

Yeah, 370 currently active users ain't bad. It definitely seems like there have been more users here over the past year or so. I wonder if Bloodshedder has forum stats for stuff like that.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/12/ars-editors-remember-their-first-taste-of-doom-20-years-later/

Friend of mine sent me this article

As a kid, my gaming tastes were mostly the same as they are today: casual. I'll play a random game once in a while, or I might even get hooked on a particularly addictive title and binge on it for a while. Doom was one of those gaming obsessions for me in high school, not through any of the standard PC or console editions, but through the unofficial Doom port for the TI-85 calculator.