Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigMemka

Bloody Steel (project)

10 level's wad for boom. You can visit the old abandoned factory "Red Cacodemon", abandoned town, secret base on moving in time, mansion of Baron and the ancient Greek temple.

It's time to publish the first 3 levels my wads. In wad widely
used with high-res textures in the ogg format. Some places may slow down on slower computers.

Ports - glboom-plus 2.5.0.7 or GZDoom
Maps - 01-03
Iwad - doom2.wad

To play Bloody Steel, use this command line (in prboom-plus):
-iwad doom2.wad -file BLDSTLP1.wad -complevel 9

Nice game! I will be glad responds.

Download:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/a-c/bldstlp.zip

Whoa whoa whoa. What's this candy in here? And for Boom, no less? Consider one another person anticipating to play this.

I love these realistic maps, looking forward to play it. Looks very well done by the screenies.

Looks great. I like the shabby city aesthetic you've got going on, and the new decor to go with it. Some of the texture mixing does look a bit odd, though, particularly the hi-res flats juxtaposed with original Doom-resolution resources in some places.

CorSair said:

Whoa whoa whoa. What's this candy in here? And for Boom, no less? Consider one another person anticipating to play this.

Yes this wad under Boom ports.

Demon of the Well said:

Reminds me a lot of Remain1.wad, or at least of certain parts of it. Would I be correct in assuming from the shots that there's a lot of sandbox-style play on offer?

This wad have many different gameplay situations. This wad have adventure and the crowds of monsters.

It's time to publish the first 3 levels my wads. In wad widely
used with high-res textures in the ogg format. Some places may slow down on slower computers.

Ports - glboom-plus 2.5.0.7 or GZDoom
Maps - 01-03
Iwad - doom2.wad

To play Bloody Steel, use this command line (in prboom-plus):
-iwad doom2.wad -file BLDSTLP1.wad -complevel 9

Nice game! I will be glad responds.

Download:
http://rghost.ru/51307682

Are you Eternal in disguise or something? This looks fucking awesome. Sadly, I doubt whether I would be able to play it but will give it a shot later. It certainly looks great I just hope the game play is just as amazing as it looks.

Springy said:

Are you Eternal in disguise or something? This looks fucking awesome. Sadly, I doubt whether I would be able to play it but will give it a shot later. It certainly looks great I just hope the game play is just as amazing as it looks.

No I am not Eternal. We have different styles at all.

BigMemka said:

No I am not Eternal. We have different styles at all.

I know you're not, I wasn't being serious. The same amount of effort has gone into it however and I can see that and it has a style that's similar in terms of architecture I didn't say that you are him. :P

Springy said:

I know you're not, I wasn't being serious. The same amount of effort has gone into it however and I can see that and it has a style that's similar in terms of architecture I didn't say that you are him. :P

:-)
He is now almost appears nowhere. I don't know what he was doing now.

Just a quick question, do you care for some demos? Gonna play this at some point, today or tomorrow.

CorSair said:

Just a quick question, do you care for some demos? Gonna play this at some point, today or tomorrow.

Yes. I would be happy to demos.

Okay, here's about... Two hours of gameplay? I don't know how much time I spent playing, but I recorded the whole session, done about five days ago. Hopefully you have time to spare.

Expect me running like headless and being dumb generally. All the strange things that happened... Blame -complevel -1. :) (I remember baron going on the computer in map 2, at the end.)

Download

Not gonna say my final verdict on this, but so far, I have been really, really pleased so far. I'll be waiting the final version coming out. :)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/8fcc6d41e2/ (Turn NoScript on if you have it, it'll make it much easier to find the "real" download button, heh.)

Played through Maps 1-3. I did something utterly bone headed and set my brightness settings to GLBoom prior to playing, so don't act too surprised that I couldn't see anything; that's my fault.

The maps looked pretty nice. My two biggest complaints were the over abundance of sniper hitscan enemies in Maps 1 and 3. Second, the "high-quality" music was dreadful. It was so horribly compressed that it contributed nothing to the game and just bloated the download -- I eventually had to turn my in-game music off because I couldn't take it any longer. Maps 1 and 3 seemed a bit rough, I only got a minute or two into each before dying. I did much better on Map 2; got killed by the archvile trap after the barrel maze.

Apart from the sniper hitscanners, I might suggest varrying the texture usage a bit; I found it a bit hard to navigate sometimes.

Thanks for the demo
Sorry for not answering so long and my bad English -)

Looked until that demo CorSair.
In the beginning you very gently played. All the levels are designed for the game with the pistol start but you had a lot of ammo. Funny joke was with Baron.

The sniper hitscan in Maps 1 and 3 there were not many. There's many places where you can hide. I converted music by Format Factory program. If you know the best Converter, I'll be glad.

it was pretty fun, it will be interesting to see how you develop as an author as you get even more xperience under your belt. very different from your whitemare 2 maps but that is appreciated. you probably already read my review but here it is for anyone that hasnt yet.

This is a damn impressive looking set of maps. Tons of detail and interesting textures, map 04 is making my laptop struggle so I'll have to continue on a more powerful machine, but good stuff so far. Navigation is a bit fiddly here and there and some of the visuals are a bit rough up close, but I'll definitely keep playing.