Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ATOS Productions

How do I create sectors thinner than 32 units in DB2?

I've been trying to crank my brain into modding, and mapmaking with DoomBuilder seemed OK for a first-timer. Now, this must be a rather dumb question that has been answered about 1000 times, but I couldn't find any topics or anything about this.
I know that holding shift while drawing the line turns off the grid limitation, but that seems to work only when you're trying to make a linedef above 32 units. Can anyone help?

You can use the [ and ] keys at any time, including while drawing, to change the grid size.

If you still can't draw smaller lines, you might need to adjust the numeric values in the Editing tab of the Preferences dialog (in the Tools menu), or zoom in further with the mouse wheel.

Change the gridsnap value. Or even turn gridsnap off. Look in the bottom right corner:

Click on the 32mp button and you can change it to a smaller or greater value, or even disable it.

Well this was certainly educational. I've never had call to make sectors quite this small, but now I know what to do if it ever comes up. Posting here so I remember to add this to my 'editing tricks' folder when I get home.

I assume this also works on bollards.

If by "bollards" you mean sector-based barriers (maybe removable by activating a switch elsewhere), yes, it does.

40oz said:

where's the and key?

Mine's on a little USB keypad, along with the "Oops", "Fuck It" and "Delete Last Post" keys. I couldn't get through the day without them.