Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LkMax

Doom 3 BFG Looks blurry

Recently I wanted to replay the original DooM 3 and everything in fact looked much better and less blurry than BFG, so I decided to take some screenshots for comparison:

http://www.imgur.com/a/Qx4lR

I knew something was wrong when I played through the BFG edition. The game not only wasn't "remastered" but actually looked worse than the original!
The only thing good in it were the hell levels (aesthetically speaking) from the Lost Mission and even then the level design itself was mediocre.

I have no idea why the would want to make thnigs look worse (I guess "they don't give a f*ck" is an appropriate answer, must be related to the console ports), but that's just plain lazy.

/rant.

TheEndOfUs said:

Look for a slider, texture lod bias, in sytem options to make the textures less blurry

Gonna have to check that, but if so why is it defaulted so high?

EDIT: It worked, things look a bit better. -__-

Probably because Doom 3 came out at a time when most people were running their games at 640x480.

Bucket said:

Probably because Doom 3 came out at a time when most people were running their games at 640x480.

???

If you actually read the post you'll see the BFG EDITION is blurry while the original game (from 2005) is NOT. ¬¬"

Also, as the posts above indicate, it was a texture LOD slider that was set to low for whatever reason.

Yup, it's just an expansion pack and a pretty mediocre one save for the last two levels. Also, since the Oculus Rift is reportedly not working on D3 BFG anymore, this whole endeavor seems like it was a waste of time for Id.

LkMax said:

Recently I wanted to replay the original DooM 3 and everything in fact looked much better and less blurry than BFG, so I decided to take some screenshots for comparison:

http://www.imgur.com/a/Qx4lR

I knew something was wrong when I played through the BFG edition. The game not only wasn't "remastered" but actually looked worse than the original!
The only thing good in it were the hell levels (aesthetically speaking) from the Lost Mission and even then the level design itself was mediocre.

I have no idea why the would want to make thnigs look worse (I guess "they don't give a f*ck" is an appropriate answer, must be related to the console ports), but that's just plain lazy.

/rant.

All for the sake of taking up more pixels. Mrugh.