Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

new tool video

No, they just have a chat room, and everyone there is an Retarded.

But you guys gotta watch the video, it kicks ass.

You should also watch the new KMFDM video as well, it also kicks ass...

And here is the new KMFDM video. It has robot assassins, stock military footage, political innuendo, and all sorts of neat stuff. Too bad the quality sucks.

the_Danarchist said:

Too bad the quality sucks.

It is a .mov movie, and they suck huge amounts of Nobby's Nuts...

And the new Tool vid was on TV here in Australia about 2 weeks ago, but I was out partying with friends so I missed it. :(

Uh, I guess that was OK, though they apparently haven't heard the term "video edit" before.

Sweet! I think the video for Prison Sex is my favorite.

Thanks for the link.

Rellik said:

Sweet! I think the video for Prison Sex is my favorite.

The name says it all.

That was ok...

For whatever reason I always fail to 'comprehend the deeper meaning' behind Tool's videos. I can look at their music and Maynard's lyrics and understand what it's about and say 'that's genius' but their videos always seemed similar for every song, some weird humanoid creature alien thing running around doing something strange to itself or another weird humanoid creature alien thing... I dun get it.

Their first video, Hush, actualy made perfect sense, and fit the song exactly. It was just the band walking around with tape on their mouths and big 'Parental Advisory' signs on their crotches.

P.S. They were naked

Yeah I understood Hush but not many of their other videos. I mean, I could see all the geometric PARABOLAS in this new one, but I had trouble making any other kind of connection at all.

Then again I praise them for trying to be original. You can't help but watch MTV2 and wonder why half the bands even bothered to make a video in the first place.

the_Danarchist said:

Aemema[/B] had flooding in the video, which is what the song was about.

Aemema?!?
AEMEMA!?!?!?!?!

Sorry, got carried away again.

Channel V in australia actually called Stinkfist Skinkfist one time...my friend taped it and I pointed it out to him...stupid retards...

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Aemema?!?
AEMEMA!?!?!?!?!

Relax, it's Dan, "Origionaly registered January 2001"

Show some respect... Tool... how the fuck could I show Tool some respect? They're fucking annoying as all hell. They manage to make 3 or 4 great songs per album but then just fill it out with such utter fucking trash it's unacceptable, LATERALUS INCLUDED.

I bet if you went through every Tool CD and cut out all the stupid shit or the shit that gets horribly stale the 2nd time you listen to it you might be able to get a decent 80 minute CD total... and that's a pretty big might.

I listen to most of my music at work, with a hefty amount of background noise. That Lateralus couple of minutes of (insert whispering, wind blowing against a microphone, some guy jacking off next door and the sound of someone petting a dog) silent horseshit comes out as dead fucking silence so their albums are horribly boring, and because of the shitty editing half the songs start out with a 2 - 5 minute long roll of might as well be nothing so I don't even waste my time listening to Tool anymore.

Heavily fucking overrated. The cocksmoker CAN actually make a full album and he CAN actually edit a song, Perfect Circle demonstrates that. This just means he's trying to either:
A. Be all artsy an shit.
B. Intentionally be a cockmonger.

Either way, it makes Tool useless to me. The art and the DVDs and the whole prepackaged deal (God is fake, fashion is fake, everyone is guilty, blah blah blah) he's selling was cute when I was 14 but it no longer compensates for his anti-music editing style. If I want anti-music I'll listen to SOD, Exit-13 or Mouse On Mars.

If by SOD you mean System of a Down, man their full of shit too. :-)
As for getting thier videos, who's to say their even about anything? The director isn't just a member of the band, but works for Stan Winston. The videos are an extension of his full time job. I love TOOL, but I know their just as full of shit as everyone else. And yeah their artier than a motherfuck, but atleast it's something remotely different than all the other shit being churned out these days. That and their cover of No Quarter fuckin rocks. :-)

"slidin down, six iches at a time on Maynards dick..."

King's X > *.*

For now at least until I discover another one of my fav bands again, for the first time :)

Lüt said:

Relax, it's Dan, "Origionaly registered January 2001"

Heh...that was on purpose.

Well, not the first time, but every time after that.

I think KMFDM said it best:

Like so many others across the nation,
The government sent me through public education.

Rellik said:

Heh, yeah. I remember a while ago when I was raving about how great System was, deadnail was all 'no they sound like ass' and shit. In fact, he even used the 'looking through the bowl of crap to find the good raisin' metaphor. And he said something about throwing the CD across the room.

Heh...I used to like System, back when they were like an underground band. Then every teenybopper and their lover started listening to them, and that kinda pissed me off. I mean, there are a ton of tards that know 'Chop Suey', but how many remember 'P.L.U.C.K'?

I love TOOL, but I know their just as full of shit as everyone else. And yeah their artier than a motherfuck, but atleast it's something remotely different than all the other shit being churned out these days. That and their cover of No Quarter fuckin rocks. :-)

"slidin down, six iches at a time on Maynards dick..."

Heh right on. I was reading some page about how Tool sings about all kinds of mystical stuff and crap, yet they are nihilists. Basicaly, they are just presenting different odd viewpoints to their audience. Real bodie, man. And No Quarter does fuckin rock.

Rellik said:

Erm... I thought he meant Stormtroopers of Death, heh.