Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

How Is the BFG9000 held?

It's actually quite small - Doomguy holds it in his mouth.

But seriously, always imagined a complicated system of handles, bristling with buttons, wires, and safeties.

The sprite has two handles: the trigger system underneath the red light, and the over the top handle. I like to think the BFG is thus held the same way the Chainsaw is held.

I think there are two armatures on top that fit onto your shoulders to help alleviate kick from firing the gun. Didn't the Doom Bible mention that firing the BFG would hurt the player if they didn't stand against a wall?

The pickup sprite has a very visible (foldable?) buttstock (perhaps a DOUBLE buttstock, in some renditions) and a pistol grip, so it should be held halfway between a recoilless rifle/shoulder-mounted rocket launcher, and a "tactical" assault rifle/SMG, depending on how manly its user feels.

But that stock looks almost like its a combination shoulder hook/buttstock, so perhaps it's meant to be sort of suspended from the user's shoulders like a marching band drum....

General Rainbow Bacon said:

it's actually an extension of doomguy's huge penis.

Hmm...penis, buttstock....YEAH I GET IT NOW.

If you're going to make dick jokes about the weapons in Doom, at least make them about the Rocket Launcer! Geez!

EDIT: Who edited my beautiful comment! *Shakes fist.* Fine, I'll put it above the quote, but the gag doesn't work the same...

said:

said:

Hmm...penis, buttstock....YEAH I GET IT NOW.

Obsidian said:

If you're going to make dick jokes about the weapons in Doom, at least make them about the Rocket Launcer! Geez!

Size matters.

schwerpunk said:

EDIT: Who edited my beautiful comment! *Shakes fist.* Fine, I'll put it above the quote, but the gag doesn't work the same...

What I love about this is that "Stop quoting images, Dumbass!" is itself
an image :D

Eris Falling said:

What I love about this is that "Stop quoting images, Dumbass!" is itself
an image :D

Hmm... ;-)

schwerpunk said:

I recognize the stance, but I don't remember the shoulder butt-thing. Is that your doing? Looks very natural, actually.

By the looks of it, the sprite is exactly the same except the "hooks" at the end of the BFG's shoulder stock is curved in.

Maybe there's two different butt things and it looks like they're together from the sprite angle, one which he places his right arm into like some kind of holder, and the other has a button on the top which he holds the black part while his thumbs is ready over the possible button on it.

DoomGuy123 said:

Where does he put the gun when he isn't holding it?

The same with where he puts all of his other gear, hombre.

Maes said:

The pickup sprite has a very visible (foldable?) buttstock (perhaps a DOUBLE buttstock, in some renditions) and a pistol grip,

Oh jeez I never ever noticed the pistol grip after all these years of playing. It seems you do learn something new every day. ;)

It can be handled like a pistol, but if you're weaker then doomguy then you'll have to hold it with the shoulder rest and even hold it as a shotgun if you're that weak.

Maes said:

The pickup sprite has a very visible (foldable?) buttstock (perhaps a DOUBLE buttstock, in some renditions) and a pistol grip, so it should be held halfway between a recoilless rifle/shoulder-mounted rocket launcher, and a "tactical" assault rifle/SMG, depending on how manly its user feels.

But that stock looks almost like its a combination shoulder hook/buttstock, so perhaps it's meant to be sort of suspended from the user's shoulders like a marching band drum....

Looks like that 'handle' on the top of the gun would be where you hold it and then you would use your other hand to put under the bfg to support it. Maybe?

Based off my knowledge from doom 3, it has a pocket you can place your hand in. Just putyour free hand under it and boom. Russia will be the least of your probd