Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blob1024

don't laugh: any girl playing doom?

Ah, everyone's favourite game: unsuccessful troll, or giant idiot? Personally I have no trouble entertaining both simultaneously.

darkreaver said:

Grain of Salt?

No.

Nomad said:

I'm about 90% sure Sokoro is being sarcastic.

I've learned to never attempted sarcasm in feminist topics. Even the most jocular of minds are eager to prove their social enlightenment even at the most incisive of statements.

Nomad said:

No.

(Technician: I saw that edit!)

dew said:

(Technician: I saw that edit!)

I was thinking of an entirely different member. I think Salt might be a female now.

Also, what the fuck happened to eargoesdown? She used to post here regularly.

Technician said:

I've learned to never attempted sarcasm in feminist topics. Even the most jocular of minds are eager to prove their social enlightenment even at the most incisive of statements.

Sokoro is an (self-proclaimed, as far as we know) Asperger's with total lack of empathy. He goes around saying he's on disability welfare, because his sociopathic traits keep him from getting a job. He says stuff like that all the time. If it's sarcasm, then his whole persona is fabricated. It's not impossible, but it'd still make Nomad's claim moot. :P

dew said:

Sokoro is an (self-proclaimed, as far as we know) Asperger's with total lack of empathy. He goes around saying he's on disability welfare, because his sociopathic traits keep him from getting a job. He says stuff like that all the time. If it's sarcasm, then his whole persona is fabricated.

He sounds like a typical NEET. But I have faith in his trollsona.

Don't let me down Sokoro-kun.

Major Arlene, i girl subscribed to my "dead" youtube channel...

schwerpunk said:

"NEET?"

*Not in Education, Employment, or Training", more information on wiki. Also check out the light novel (or even the manga\anime) "Welcome to the NHK

Nomad said:

I'm 99.9% sure. The problem is the other 0.1%.

dew said:

Sokoro is an (self-proclaimed, as far as we know) Asperger's with total lack of empathy. He goes around saying he's on disability welfare, because his sociopathic traits keep him from getting a job. He says stuff like that all the time. If it's sarcasm, then his whole persona is fabricated. It's not impossible, but it'd still make Nomad's claim moot. :P

Ah. Well, as hard as it is on the internet sometimes, I try not to assume the worst of people, but I guess sometimes that's a mistake.

schwerpunk said:

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE WARNING:

As far as people I know personally, I've just got:

1) my sister (loves Tetris and racing games, and nothing else),
    2) my other sister (likes RPGs, survival-type games like Minecraft),
    3) my mother (loves Minecraft, Neverwinter Knights, other RPGs, usually social, but sometimes solo)
    4) my friend's wife (loves The Walking Dead; likes The Sims, Civilization IV/V)
    5) my ex-fiancee (pretty much every genre other than sports, sims, and racers; prefers games that allow one to play a female protagonist)
    6) ex-gf (Megaman and similar; mostly platformers, puzzlers, and adventure games)

7) other (pretty much everything under the sun, because it's hard to pigeonhole an entire sex/gender)

interesting gaming family ^_^

dew said:

The DM community has/had a lot of chicks. Yes, we have pics. No, we won't share.

you sir, became BAD :(

wolfie3dfan said:

I'm more well known in the wolf community in which I was one of a few ladies. What doom does for me is making believe I'm on a vacation in a strange land. It is the only game that I play on a daily basis.

hugs

well, now that's cool feeling I guess
ive no idea why I keep playing to be honest :D mostly thanks to the community and the thrill of speedrunning and trying my best for some good runs. Or maybe because I dont have enough time to invest in newer games so often :)

@sokoro: indeed a good troll, way too many fell for it. I should start being more sarcastic as well around here xd.

ps: sry for the multiquotes.

well.. its a forum, random discussions goes random, should be okay
and I bet many find it interesting it anyway

In any case I assume nowadays the assumptio that rarely girls would play such FPS game unless some close friend or relative do, is probably very correct

blob1024 said:

In any case I assume nowadays the assumptio that rarely girls would play such FPS game unless some close friend or relative do, is probably very correct

Ehh, I question that. Not so much that girls don't tend to still be as stoked about playing Doom as those of us here do. 20 years ago gaming was far more niche than it is now, so it's really not surprising that girls aren't interested in it--because so many people are obsessed with graphics these days anyway. Regardless, girls are certainly certainly playing games more now--and I don't just mean casual games. I know lots of girls playing COD these days, and while I'm sure many here would guffaw stating that COD sucks anyway, that's not the point. COD is opening the door to all new audiences all the time who are bound to try to look for more excitement with other games, and who knows: maybe they'll come across Doom and decide they like it!

If you have seen any of the COS-PLAY tv shows, you would notice that they have a majority of women. They have no problems with role playing games.

When you talk of games, should differentiate the game styles.
The uber-macho genre typical Windows war-game even puts off many guys.
I don't know the people that some of those bad-guy games would appeal to.

Sokoro said:

A bunch of sexist shit.

Oh look if it isn't Andy Gray. Decided to put your views on the internet this time instead of a microphone that is still on? Fuck off seriously, sarcasm or not that sort of shit shouldn't be said.

Onto the topic at hand, I know a few women who game in their spare time but they don't play the classic games they`re more into COD if I'm honest. The friends in question often come round to my mates when he`s back in town and we all play on his 360 with a few beers. I have persuaded them before to play Doom again but it's a bit too aged for their taste unfortunately.

Dammit guys, who left the floodgates open? Everything Else is leaking into other forums now. D: