Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Playing demos on an android

This cool port I use on my phone seems based entirely on prboom and I want to play demos on it. Can I edit the prboom.cfg to play a demo? Is there another way? Command lines seem impossible.

So whats your cool port then?

I've been wanting to watch demos on my phone like forever. Bus rides and long trips in general would be so much better then =)

I have watched demos on an Android by running the DOS exe under Dosbox. Framerate-wise, it can be a bit of a slideshow, but that will vary depending on the speed of your device.

I haven't tried playing back demos with any of the Android ports. Does the one you are using support pwads? If so, you could insert the lmp within a pwad (even as the only entry) as DEMO1.LMP and then allow it to play back as an internal demo.

If the cfg has an entry for preloaded wads, then you could load the pwad that way too.

Darkreaver: It's called “Free Doom" by Fun4Games. I would recommend it. You can type in things for settings and cheats and you can avoid ads by going into airplane mode.

Grazza: Yes, it supports pwads (at least two at once). I like your solution. But it creates two problems:
1: I can't edit wads on my phone.
2: I'm already using two wads, and in the cfg file, they take up the only two spots available. So for this third wad to work, I'd have to create a new spot for it (which I don't know is possible).

I actually have watched demos on my phone before using command lines and the prboom4android program. It works perfectly. I think there may have been a specific order the commands have to go in. Heck, not that it's really useful but you can even record demos on an android lol.