Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dg93

How to make a "dehacked" file for a faster firing pistol

I need some help on how to make a DEHACKED file for a faster firing pistol. I don't know how to use editors such as DeHackEd.

I'm currently working on a 35 level community deathmatch project and I would like to have a modified pistol with a little more damaging power & firing speed.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Thanks,
-DG93

You might find WhackEd4 easier to use. The firing rate can be sped up in the "States" editor by reducing the duration of states 14 to 17 (maybe 13 as well), just don't overdo it. Can't recall what you'd need to tweak for more bullet damage.

GreyGhost said:

You might find WhackEd4 easier to use. The firing rate can be sped up in the "States" editor by reducing the duration of states 14 to 17 (maybe 13 as well), just don't overdo it. Can't recall what you'd need to tweak for more bullet damage.

Thanks GreyGhost, I'll check it out.

Hi doomguy93. Whether you still need help on this or not, I've made something specially for you. Other people may be interested as well, that's why I'm posting it in this thread.

http://speedy.sh/cArys/pistl.zip

This wad file makes pistol shoot very fast. In fact, only 50% less fast than a chaingun. Additionally, I reincluded the pistol sprites with modified offsets. It makes the animation look more eye-pleasant than it normally would, because Doomguy normally raises his hand a lot when shooting.

Plus, this addon is easily modifiable. Open the wad in SLADE3, and you'll see a DEHACKED lump and a few pistol sprites. In the DEHACKED, you see frame durations. If you think the pistol fires too fast (you probably will), change the duration values for frames 13, 14 and 15 (and 17, for the light flash) - just rewrite the numbers in SLADE directly. Also you can easily alter offsets of the sprites to improve the animation however you'd like.

I hope you (or anyone) would find this useful. By the way, it's a cool idea to change pistol behaviour in a deathmatch wad to improve its gameplay. Good luck with Deathmatch Revival! :)

Thanks guys I really appreciate the fact that you made dehacked files for me.