Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Doom & Doom II On the Nintendo 3DS XL?

I don't know if this was asked in a thread before and I didn't find any thread asking the same question, but if there is then I apologize. So I recently got a black & blue Nintendo 3DS XL, and I was wondering if it was possible to play The Ultimate Doom & Doom II on the portable console. I know that you could play Doom on the Nintnedo DS Lite, but could you play it on the Nintendo 3DS XL? My 3DS XL came with a 4GB SD card, and I know I could insert files on that. If this is possible, then I would like some instructions on how to do it please.

From what I've seen, the 3DS has not yet been successfully modded to run homebrew software. Theoretically, it would be possible if someone can successfully hack the 3DS the way they've done with the Wii and the DS, but to my knowledge, it just hasn't been done yet.

As much as I would love to see the original unchanged Doom's on 3DS it just isn't at all possible, however you can still emulate the GBA versions of the Doom games on the 3DS via a flashcart.

Avoozl said:

As much as I would love to see the original unchanged Doom's on 3DS it just isn't at all possible, however you can still emulate the GBA versions of the Doom games on the 3DS via a flashcart.

3DS/XL Don't have GBA slots :P

Can't you run DS homebrew on a 3DS now? I've never been interested enough to look into it.

DSDoom wasn't very fun, anyway. How can you have fun with a port that crashes when saving more often than not? Hate tech demo ports like that, you can tell it was barely tested. (I'm also convinced it corrupted the saves on one of my GBA carts I had in the slot at the time it crashed.)

FuzzballFox said:

3DS/XL Don't have GBA slots :P

I did say "flashcart" so evidently you don't seem to know what that is. :P