Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

40oz's Post-Wedding CTF Party!

Hey everybody! Just posting to say that I'm now a married man!

After almost two years of engagement Julie and I were finally married yesterday, December 28th, and to celebrate my cousin is hosting a CTF game on Odamex and everyone here is invited! (In hindsight this may have been better as a bachelor party or something instead but whatev) I'm thinking about perhaps speedmapping some CTF levels for the event with wedding photos as wall textures or something for fun, or if I may, get permission from anyone who had made CTF maps to let me edit a few of theirs just for this particular event.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here at doomworld (both married space marines and awkward shut-ins) that encouraged me to make this bold move in my life and I'd love for all of you to come!

We intend to have this on Sunday January 5th, at 7:00PM EST, more details will be updated in this thread shortly. Thank you!

IP Address: 84.242.109.195:10666

weird choice for a pic dude

But in all seriousness, this is the best oppotunity to make a wedding chapel ctf map ever.

Congrats man.

Marcaek said:

But in all seriousness, this is the best oppotunity to make a wedding chapel ctf map ever.

The flag sprite should be replaced with a wedding ring. :P

Avoozl said:

The flag sprite should be replaced with a wedding ring. :P

Aren't there any tuxedo player skins for this kind of event? :D

Congrats and best wishes on your marriage, 40oz!

Congrats Jon :)

Marcaek said:

Agreed, that'd actually be pretty cool. Instead of a pistol, you have confetti, a phone-call from the vicious mother in law to replace the chaingun/plasma rifle, and a bottle of champagne to replace the BFG, and the death sprite could just be someone passing out drunk... that could work!

Congratulations, I wish you two a very happy future. Any ideas on the CTF pack? Because I have been thinking of getting back into the multiplayer scene at some point (I`ve said that before but that didn't exactly happen). Once again, congratulations to you both.

I still remember the jaw dropping that occurred (myself included) when you mentioned a while back that you got engaged. Congratulations! I haven't done any online Dooming in a while, and this sounds like a great opportunity. I'll start investigating Odamex when I get home today

Thanks everyone for your support, sarcastic or not!

Julie and I have been engaged and living together in the same house since August of last year, so our lives won't really be changing too significantly. She understands my obsession with the game and cares enough to leave me some time to play and make maps!

Resizing pictures in MS Paint makes them all grainy, I could have done a better job with a better picture but this was the best one with just me and her in it that I had on hand, and at the moment I only had access to Julie's computer which doesn't have any photo editing utilities. The Doom status bar was relevant for the multiplayer celebration :)

I have some friends and family members who will be playing with us, plus a special appearance from the wifey who will be playing with us for a little bit too (easy target!) I was going to make a news post for this but I thought that would be a little too pretentious.

Hopefully I'll have enough time to make some CTF maps for this. Could be tricky with all the relatives visiting us and offering to take us out to dinner and stuff. If I don't, worst case scenario, we'll just play velocity CTF, the IDL mappack, or OdaCTF or something instead. I'm open to any wad suggestions, or if anyone would like to help me make maps!

This thread will be edited soon with a more exact time and an IP address. Thanks in advance anyone who will be showing up or even considers showing up, and a special thanks to anyone who is downloading and trying Odamex for the first time! Now i gotta go have a beer or something because I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the positive energy.

40oz said:

We intend to have this on Sunday January 5th, at 7:00PM EST, more details will be updated in this thread shortly. Thank you!

Shit, I won't be able to make that time as that's a bit late for me seeing as I have to get up 5 hours later. I don't suppose there will be another one hosted? Seeing as I would like to play a few games especially if OdaCTF and Velocity might get chosen.

Congrats, Mr. 40oz. I may or may not be able to make the CTF even but it's always cool to hear good things about a community member.

Springy said:

Shit, I won't be able to make that time as that's a bit late for me seeing as I have to get up 5 hours later. I don't suppose there will be another one hosted? Seeing as I would like to play a few games especially if OdaCTF and Velocity might get chosen.

It might be more practical to have it a little earlier, is 4:00PM or 5:00PM any better?

40oz said:

It might be more practical to have it a little earlier, is 4:00PM or 5:00PM any better?

That'll be okay if it's okay with everyone else, cheers.

The CTF Party is starting now! Check it out! Everyone's invited!

IP Address: 84.242.109.195:10666

Kind of confused, 84.242.109.195:10666 for me is
"/g/ Odamex Server", currently running 32 in 24 DM

http://imgur.com/fYvyqmw

Is this server broadcasting to the master? What's the server name?