Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Springy

Odamex config?

Hi there, I basically want to be able to create a cross platform CTF map I've only made ST specific one's before (which will never see the light of day), but the only way I can think of perhaps doing this is through an Odamex configuration file. I did some searching, found a broken link but I came across a website with one, I copied and pasted this into a text file and put it in the config folder but unfortunately it doesn't seem to show when I begin a new map. I was wondering if anyone perhaps has a link to such a file? I tried searching the Odamex wiki and message boards but nothing shows so I'm assuming people must be editing the Boom configuration.

Odamex is compatible with Hexen format maps. So you can keep using the Skulltag config. Just try to be conservative with features. Use Odamex as the test program so that you'll be able to check quickly and often if something works or not.

I'd started on one earlier in the year, then got side-tracked. You should be OK with the Skulltag config if you limit yourself to the following things -

• Player starts 5-8 (4001 to 4004)
  • Blue & Red player starts for CTF (5080 & 5081)
  • Blue & Red CTF flags (5130 & 5131)
I still have some research to do on linedef actions and sector effects.

Okay, thanks you two. I'll give it a shot. This is what I put into the configurations folder (what I found whilst searching) if it is of any interest.

I recognise that one, it's a modified Boom config for DB1 from about 6 years ago. I'm not sure how much Odamex has changed since then, apart from dropping the Gold team.

GreyGhost said:

I recognise that one, it's a modified Boom config for DB1 from about 6 years ago. I'm not sure how much Odamex has changed since then, apart from dropping the Gold team.

That might explain why it doesn't work though I am unsure. I may just have to take both yours and Gez`s advice and use ST or Hexen editing and just be really cautious. It would be nice if there was an official Odamex configuration posted somewhere on the site for an official download just to make it a little easier to stay within the boundaries, but it's a good work around for now so thank you both for the help.