Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suitepee

Doom Year Resolutions 2014

Ribbiks said:

I should probably play more, map less. I feel like as I focus on the latter I'm getting progressively worse at this game over time.

It's a pretty amazing symbiotic relationship; players and mappers. I've been doing a lot more playing than mapping (with nothing to show for it of course but some demos) and I feel my mapping skills are on the decline. So I guess my Doom Year Resolution is the opposite of yours. Hopefully we'll get to reverse roles some day!

40oz said:

I've been doing a lot more playing than mapping (with nothing to show for it of course but some demos)

Is there anything a player can show to the community apart from demos?

I'd really like t go back and make something for Doom/2 again, but it's not something I'd make a resolution about.
I would like to play a few more wads though. Perhaps look into what's new in the source port game now that 10 years have passed ;)

Shaviro said:

I'd really like t go back and make something for Doom/2 again

DO IT MAONTH

Yeah, my resolution last year was simply "Murderous Intent 2". Well, I started with good intentions but it ended up as Nex Credo. Whoops.

I'm doing SLaVE this year. Honestly.

Oh I remember that!
We used to have very different design philosophies where you went classic and I went nuts. Now that I'm doing something completely different elsewhere I'd probably go classic as well.

My Doom Year Resolution is to actually be able to play on UV all the time without constantly sucking so bad. I'm getting a little worn out of ITYTD, maybe I should shift up to HMP in order to get used to higher difficulties.

Another one? Learn how to map once I get into college.

I said, in the thread that purist linked from last year:

Finish something.

Fuck me, I did it! I made Escalation 1! 2013 COMPLETE!

:P

I would say, actually finish Doom 64, DTWID 1 and 2, and possibly the other three big Doom engine games. Four if I make a proper attempt at HacX 1.2 this year.

I guess I should play Doom 3 as well.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

TNT2.

And that is all.

+1

Finish Alien Vendetta (stuck in that MAP16's room full of Cyberdemons).
Play the Plutonia Experiment on HMP.
Make a WAD !

NiuHaka said:

Finish a massive chunk of my mod.
Some of us need some 3d monsters yesteryear *repeatedly smacks himself in the face* Now get to it swine!

Well after helping you get your latest assets in game for a test and seeing how they look, I'm very excited and simply can't wait for more, especially getting some fully working monsters going!! So I shall happily pick up your other arm and smack you in the face with that one too if it helps lol :)

No stop reading posts and go do some DA work!!!

I also need to get some 3D Doom stuff finished too! Though some of its just for giggles....I get distracted with stupid ideas regularly!

I might finish DOOM0, as of last year I made 13 maps and bonus points as I started the project in the middle of the year.

Guest Unregistered account

I really need to release at least one wad to the 'net. I haven't already because I don't know how. Maybe that video Aquarius199 on Youtube posted will help me.

Ah yes I forgot I had another, make an attempt at a Hacx map with 3D floors and other GZDOOM features.

Ribbiks said:

I should probably play more, map less. I feel like as I focus on the latter I'm getting progressively worse at this game over time.

Me too, besides playing more helps to map better, if you're playing the right ones XD.

1. To finish the ridiculous number of "Running Scared" maps I committed to updating for the Panophobia project.

2. To learn how to do all the cool ZDoom stuff: slopes, room over room.

3. To learn how to do over-and-under walkways for vanilla maps.

4. To get at least one of my maps in the Newstuff so the forum can tear it apart in revenge for my reviews.

Wow most peoples resolutions seem to be to finish Doom maps!

Guess its a good excuse to try to get motivated and get those things you keep meaning to do finally finished!

Getting Brutalized Doom & Doom 2 completed and revitalizing my Youtube channel.

KevinHEZ said:

To finish every iwad for the first time

This should be every member's goal. I've got Doom 64, Heretic, Hexen, Strife and HacX left on my list. For all my love for Strife, I can never truly finish it, I get distracted by some new wad every time >_>

Also, to add to my previous post, I need to be a better tester.

It's pwads which I need to finish completely, I've already been through every iwad in existence minus FreeDoom.

Speaking of Strife I really need to start a new game and finish it the alternate way now.