Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archi

Pack of speed maps

hihi,

these were pretty fun, here's some demos: https://www.mediafire.com/?mdj2feqxnccq0g1 . I've been finding creating/playing speedmaps to be particularly enjoyable recently, something about the quirks of well-intended but not perfectly implemented encounters is slightly endearing :p. Anyways, here's some thoughts:

map01: BK can be grabbed from behind the bars, presumably skipping a large portion of the map. Also I actually liked the cramped 2-baron room, I think it's the most fun I've had single-shotgunning barons :). the RL room seemed a bit unnecessary, mostly because you can just hang outside.

map02: eh.

map03: despite the largely clumsy gameplay this one was my favorite by far, you can probably guess why. It seemed to have a reverse difficulty curve though. The intro and middle sections of the map required some decent ammo usage and had some mildly threatening cyb/av usage, but the final fights on "top" of the maze were easily campable from the bottom.

Anyways cool stuff. speedmap more!

Thank you. I've enjoyed looking the demos.
I'll look what can I do to make maps better. But a bit later.

Hey, think i played the first 3 back when i was still pretty new here, decided to record an FDA for map4 but quickly realized that i also played it before (russian speed mapping session?) iirc.
Think i didn't beat it back than so here's a First exit on HMP.

Really enjoyed it, cells distribution is very generously,allows you to spam bfg pretty careless. BK area was probably the most difficult and i barely surived it. Kinda cheesed my way through the RK fight with the secret V-sphere :p Fun stuff.

tourniquet said:

quickly realized that i also played it before (russian speed mapping session?) iirc.

You're right, it was here, I forgot about that. My memory certainly doesn't serve well lately.

Thanks for the demo. I've thought you can easily do it on UV though.

Very sexy bleu & very fun map. BFG encounter and both BK switch traps were my favorites. You can activate the switch behind the bars in the BSK section without lowering them. The way the nobles teleport in, during the BFG encounter, seems kinda unbalanced and random, most of them came in on the other side and i was able to wait and let the cybers do their job. Thats all i've noticed. Really good..

edit: forgot to attach FDA

tourniquet said:

Very sexy bleu & very fun map. BFG encounter and both BK switch traps were my favorites. You can activate the switch behind the bars in the BSK section without lowering them. The way the nobles teleport in, during the BFG encounter, seems kinda unbalanced and random, most of them came in on the other side and i was able to wait and let the cybers do their job. Thats all i've noticed. Really good..

edit: forgot to attach FDA

Thanks. Not really sure if I actually want the player to be unable to exit the BSK room, so it's ok, might even remove the bars in the next version. As for the BFG encounter, I've noticed that too, even though it's a strange occurrence. I'll see what I can do about it.
Nice demo, didn't think that the room with cacos would be so intense. Also, I think there's too many rockets on the map, might remove around 50.

Edit: uploaded new version.