Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

New Year's Resolutions

They're like rules and bones, they can and will be broken. What do you intend to resolve to do better, start/stop doing, etc, and how long will it be till you break these resolutions?

Getting a date. Knowing my social activity, it will be near impossible.

Last year I said I was going to learn to drive. I then got made redundant, moved to a new job in a city centre and have slightly less disposable income despite the larger gross wage. As a result, this plan has fallen way by the wayside.

This year I've played it safe and gone for things I actually need

1) Save up money. I intend to do this through a) drinking less or not at all for the first few months and b) having a less exciting lifestyle. This is so that I van have a buffer of my monthly rent in place to avoid being in the position I was in this month where I was genuinely at risk of going overdrawn for a very small bill because I'd simply spent my money on fun and Christmas.

2) Use the free time granted to me by #1 to get back to the gym in a BIG way. This is for a range of reasons, of which "attracting girls" is third and my own self-image is first (second is "to feel better in a physical sense")

This is all along the vein of improving my lifestyle and well-being, so it should be it's own reward.

When do I anticipate breaking it or fucking up? Well, I've got a good friend visiting around the beginning of May for a couple of weeks where travelling the UK is intended, so I'd dare say the routine and saving spree will be broken up by that. Will I resume? I dunno; ask me in about 5 and a half months,

I have an unusually good track record for keeping New Years Resolutions. Dunno why.

1) Get back to how active I was in 2011 before pneumonia and anxiety problems kicked my ass.

2) Kick anxiety's ass, if only enough that I can go back to work.

3) Release a new Partition 36 album.

4) 3968x1152

I'll try to make it a year where I finally make actual progress through my future career, which is programming. Also, learn more modelling and start developing a game using Unity.

1) Finish my Doom megawad or abandon it and release single levels into idgames archive instead.

2) Swing my swords every day/do punches/kicks/lift weights/run (not all of these one day, but maybe sometimes all).

3) Progress my game project so I could release a demo.

4) Find a girlfriend. But maybe I need to lower my standards, since I don't feel like fitting into them myself.

5) Have a better sleep rhythm.

6) Take a shower, I feel kinda dirty.

7) Eat some bread, I feel kinda hungry, kinda thirsty too.

1) Be less of a friendless autist and actually talk to people on campus.
2) Keep my eyes peeled for work/internships.
3) Participate in open source programming projects.
4) Maintain GPA.
5) Increase physical activity.

I failed my last year's resolution so I will try to keep it this year and I will add a new one:

1. Stop using swear words (that's the old one that I failed)
2. Learn to cook something new (because I can cook only like 3 different dishes).

"New Years Resolutions" is entirely absurd especially it has religious origins.

Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender (not to mention it originally had 250 days and they kept changing it which makes anyone question the liability the calender is) which is what our entire society (in the West) is predominated with and forces it on the world (just like it does with it's Holidays like Christmas and such) as the "Official" one which is a example of Western Hegemony.

Marcaek said:

piss off with the sanctimonious militant atheism please

While I don't like the tone where this is going but it also appears that societies true colors about to show.

Nightmare Doom said:

Don't look at it for the religious aspect but more for the willing to make a change from their normal routine and do something better with their lives.

Avoozl said:

Don't look at it for the religious aspect but more for the willing to make a change from their normal routine.

I think your missing the point that it cannot be divorced because that's where it comes from and we only secularized it but it's still the same thing.

Nightmare Doom said:

While I don't like the tone where this is going but it also appears that societies true colors about to show.

As a certified grade AAA+ atheist, I say thee what the fuck?!

Nightmare Doom said:

Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender

The Gregorian Calendar is based on the Julian Calendar (which was made in 46 BC) and the only difference between the two is the Julian Calendar is 365.25 days vs 365.2425 days for Gregorian. MAN THANKS CHRISTIANITY THAT .002% INCREASE TOTALLY FUCKED US!

Christ...

Anyway, I forgot to mention imma try to quit smoking, too. Funny, I remember one my first posts here was about that exactly, lol.

Nightmare Doom said:

Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender (not to mention it originally had 250 days and they kept changing it which makes anyone question the liability the calender is) which is what our entire society (in the West) is predominated with and forces it on the world (just like it does with it's Holidays like Christmas and such) as the "Official" one which is a example of Western Hegemony.

New year here in most of Mexico 15 minutes ago (US Central Time). Happy new year!!

Also, this year I'm going to quit smoking... again.

I resolve to get the Gregorian calendar replaced with a lunar one for Nightmare Doom, so that seasons drift away from months and nothing makes any sense after a few years.

Exercise more and lose some weight - I probably said the same last year.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I resolve to get the Gregorian calendar replaced with a lunar one for Nightmare Doom, so that seasons drift away from months and nothing makes any sense after a few years.

It'd be quicker and easier to arrange a forced conversion to Islam, then Nightmare Doom could use the Hijri calendar to order his life. ;)

For me the new year generally begins February because I have lots of crap for college due January. In any case...
- do body-building regularly if I have time. I don't know if I'll do in case I need to work during my free time for the thesis. Even if I end up looking like a brick who obviously did gym recently, it's still better than being gaunt or worse, fat.
- talk to friends and possible friends more. Since college is ending I'm gonna be alone if I don't talk to someone.
- do something constructive in my free time that I can post on my resume, so I'm not stuck with the same job forever...