Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AD_79

How do I add custom music into a WAD?

So, I'm relatively new to this, and although I understand the process of creating maps, how do I edit other things within the WAD, like music, for example?

Also, if you could tell me how to change level names, so MAP01 won't be Entryway, that would be great.

Use SLADE 3 to add your MIDI to your WAD. If this is a MAP01 replacement, rename the MIDI to D_RUNNIN

As for level names, I can't help you unless you're making a map for (G)ZDoom, in which case you use a MAPINFO lump with the following

map MAP01 "LEVELNAME"

So, I am using ZDoom. How do I create the MAPINFO lump you mentioned? And do I place it with the other files for the map in SLADE 3?

Sorry, I meant ZMAPINFO, but the process is still the same:

I don't have SLADE 3 to hand at the moment, so this is entirely from memory but somewhere along the toolbar at the top, there should be an option to create a new entry, I think it's under Archive. select the new entry, rename it to ZMAPINFO and then click "Edit as text," and then down the bottom of the screen change the language to then just add that code I put above, but obviously change "LEVELNAME" to whatever you want it to be.

Alternatively, you can write the code in notepad, then save that with the name ZMAPINFO, and then copy-paste or import it into the WAD file.
Hope this helps

And if you don't want to use DeHackEd, you can just add a modified CWILV01 graphic, which is what is used on the intermission screen (but not the automap - there's no way to change that in vanilla Doom outside of a DeHackEd patch).

It is very important that none of these lumps (MAPINFO, etc) must be placed with the other map lumps. In your WAD, the MAP01 label must be followed immediately by the ten standard map lumps: THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, VERTEXES, SEGS, SSECTORS, NODES, SECTORS, REJECT, and BLOCKMAP (though they can be in any order) or your map will not work correctly. Any other lumps must be either before the MAP01 label, or after the last map lump.