• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mustafa saed

unreal tournament for doom

do any one know where can i get unrealtournament texture
already converted to doom? or is there some kind ou utility
that can convert it for me? thanks!

get a program called Snag-it, install it. then run UT in window mode. use snagit to take the portions of what you want to convert.

lets say you want to get a texture, just stand in front of the wall, and use snagit to capture it. then use a paint prog like Photoshop and resize it and save it as a bmp file, then use Deepsea to import the bmp file to doom.

I'm pretty sure there are programs to read/write/modify the UT datafiles. If they did not come with UT, try to use Google.

UT shipped with its own editor called UnrealEd. I think it's on the second disk. Whatever, it's there somewhere. It has been updated since the ver I bought. Not sure if the updated version is now on the new CDs, but you can download it easy enough from many unreal sites and it has been on a few cover disks too. The most recent version I have is 2.0. I haven't done anything with UT for ages, so there could be something newer by now.

The editor has viewers that allow you to browse textures, sounds, music and other resources. You can use the same viewer tools to export them as BMPs WAVs MODs etc (as appropriate). There are some very nice textures in there too.

what about getting music files out of UT? or are they already out and you just need to convert their format. I forgot, anyone got a utility for that?

Start UnrealEd

Open the music browser

Click the open file button

Select the uax file you want

Highlight the entry you want

Go to file/export and save the file

Quit UnrealEd and double click the exported file to open it in Winamp.

All the Unreal music is one form of mod or another, so Winamp handles them nicely.

thanks, I noticed I don't have UT installed anymore, but I'll try it soon =]