Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
William Blazkowicz

What was your first M rated game?

I'm pretty sure most of us have played an M rated game in our youth. It does not matter when you played it, however, but what was your first M rated game you ever played?

As for me, the first M rated game I played was Mortal Kombat on a controller that you plug into the TV.

It was either Mortal Kombat or Night Trap (that awful interactive movie thing for the Mega CD/Sega CD). I can't recall the order in which I played them.

Probably Mortal Kombat 3 on the Sega Megadrive, the game was rented and it was my brother who owned the Sega system.

There's no M rating in the UK, they used 12, 15 and 18 back then. Doom was either a 15 or 18. I think it was the first take to carry such a rating, so that would have been it for me.

Doom for the SNES. I remember very specifically, because of how dismayed I was when my parents forbade me to rent it. They changed their mind shortly after, without any whining on my part, and I was forever changed.

Using my amazing skills of deduction, my first memory of Doom would have to be Odyssey of Noises, Map 29 of the Plutonia Experiment. My grandpa was on the roof top of a brown building in the level and if I recall correctly, the sky was red? (I haven't played through all of TNT or Plutonia yet partly because of all of the amazing content this community makes)Anyway, back to the story, my granpa's dog at the time, Bobobo, got loose and my grandpa left the game in a flash as my mom and him went chasing after the dog. I was left alone to look at the screen, and after about three seconds a revenant (I can't believe how vividly I remember it) came around the corner and started punching Doomguy to death. I laughed.

EDIT: Yep, the sky on that level is indeed red!

Doom I suppose. Never realized it had an M rating. More significant to my memory of M games thougj was the fame that followed shortly after - Duke Nukem 3D

I think my first M-rated game was Mortal Kombat. I may have played something else before that, but my memory is a little fuzzy. Funny thing is, I hated Mortal Kombat, so I really wasn't into it anyway, but I was at a friend's house and he wanted to play it (I'm not good at fighting games anyway, and I thought the controls sucked).

Platinum Shell said:

Using my amazing skills of deduction, my first memory of Doom would have to be Odyssey of Noises, Map 29 of the Plutonia Experiment. My grandpa was on the roof top of a brown building in the level and if I recall correctly, the sky was red? (I haven't played through all of TNT or Plutonia yet partly because of all of the amazing content this community makes)Anyway, back to the story, my granpa's dog at the time, Bobobo, got loose and my grandpa left the game in a flash as my mom and him went chasing after the dog. I was left alone to look at the screen, and after about three seconds a revenant (I can't believe how vividly I remember it) came around the corner and started punching Doomguy to death. I laughed.

EDIT: Yep, the sky on that level is indeed red!

Heh wrong thread. You lose.

First M-rated game I played was probably Halo: Combat Evolved on the original Xbox. I mean, I might've played a demo of something M-rated earlier, and I'd certainly seen bits of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom beforehand, but Halo is the first one I can think of myself putting a good deal of time into.

First M-rated game I bought for myself was probably Unreal Tournament 2K4, because I could turn most of the violence off. (Of course, I don't bother to do that anymore, but I dunno, it was a selling point for me at the time.)

First M-rated game I bought for myself after turning 17, though? Doom. This compilation, specifically.

I have to say Doom as well.

My first game that actually had an M rating was Turok. I was at the game rental store and picked it up. My dad was with me and just told me to make sure the violence wasn't real.

Doom was the first game to get an ESRB rating at all, IIRC - in fact, I believe the ratings were actually introduced because of Doom. So obviously Doom was my first 18 rated game. Followed by Doom II and Duke 3D, all by the time I was 7 :P

For games that have been retroactively given ESRB ratings, probably Doom, Rise of the Triad, or MK2. Not sure which one of these I actually played first.