Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

Sorry for bumping, but I've stopped working on P0RTAL. I started a new map. I like how this looks and plays so far.

Corridors of Hell

This is NOT a final version as you can see.

Map slot is Map10. Tell me what you think of the beginning so far.

I am liking the very concept of this project. If Map 28 is still open or if I can claim a new spot, I would love to make something for this.

I see. Well what I have in mind would be more appropriate for map28. Basically a Boss rush map where you fight a few of the major bosses of the Doom engine games in this order: Cyberdemon, SpiderMastermind, Maulotaur, D'sparil, Traductus and that's about it really. (I dunno if Korax would be worth the effort since some of his attacks involve ACS)

@Walter Confalonieri: Thank you.
And now for a couple more screenshots of my map for this collab.

Kinda wish someone would edit the OP and add me to the list.

Just wait till TimeOfDeath comes around these forums again.

I like your screenshots. They're not impressive in an elaborated architecture, but definitely are in the atmosphere instead. Seeing how much you apparently focus on a "realistic" setting and mood, I expect a thought-out gameplay experience and I'm looking forward to the completed map. :)

I guess that TOD considers every posted map as "tentatively" finished. I see it as the right approach, because what if you didn't post any further version? Then, this one would have to be used for the project.

I said:
This is NOT a final version

Besides, I wanted to make sure that ToD knew that that isn't a finished product. Has anyone looked at it yet?

Also, tOd :-p

I don't really know what to think of your map fellowzdoomer. There's nothing really interresting going on, even by demo standards.

It's literally a corridor with monster closets and that's all. I know this isn't finished, but before you make a demo, make sure you have something to show (not just one room).

Now, I'm not bashing your map because it's obviously not finished.

Having currently played through two out of three of its mapsets and mostly enjoyed the idea behind DMP2013, I will look forward to playing the 2014 edition whenever it comes out! Just stating in advance that I would livestream DMP2014.

Map name :"Jump Start"
compatibility : Not sure, think limit-removing
Tested with : Zandronum
Slot : MAP01 (put it wherever you want in the final version)

A single player map for doom2 with stock texture. nothing too fancy, tried to emulate doom2 design style with a little bit more action.
no skill level or co-op stuff yet(only UV), still need to tweak and polish here and there. open for suggestions(especially music-wise) on any aspect.

Will be updated before final release.

Download link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83q0e9z95riwepa/jpstart.wad

SFoZ911 said:

Map name :"Jump Start"
compatibility : Not sure, think limit-removing
Tested with : Zandronum
Slot : MAP01 (put it wherever you want in the final version)

A single player map for doom2 with stock texture. nothing too fancy, tried to emulate doom2 design style with a little bit more action.
no skill level or co-op stuff yet(only UV), still need to tweak and polish here and there. open for suggestions(especially music-wise) on any aspect.

Will be updated before final release.

Download link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83q0e9z95riwepa/jpstart.wad

pretty cool wad, actually. Reminds me a lot of hell maps from Doom 2, works perfectly on chocorenderlimits (and technically also on vanilla doom), but i found only this bug, put an impassible lines on the fences near the exit, as can be seen in this demo

I would like yo add that my map will be boom compatible due to me needing the Hell Sky, unless it lands on a hell level, in this case, its vanilla flavored.

walter confalonieri said:

pretty cool wad, actually. Reminds me a lot of hell maps from Doom 2, works perfectly on chocorenderlimits (and technically also on vanilla doom), but i found only this bug, put an impassible lines on the fences near the exit, as can be seen in this demo

Thx for the info, I'll see with ToD if he can change the comp to vanilla limits.

Also I already made some changes to map and added skill levels and bug fixing. still testing it before uploading another version.

Here is my map
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vxppava4azjxph8/motmm.wad

Name - March of the mortal mortars
IWad - Plutonia.wad (used the plutonia texture set)
Map - 12 (for the sky, I will put the sky transfers in later if neccessary).
Port - Boom
Music - Map21 from Plutonia 2 which was composed by PCorf (laughs at track name :P)

No difficulty settings and visually I will give it a tweak but the map plays fine if rather tough.

Well, the name that track was given is good for a laugh, but for serious, it goes better if referred now to the name of your map. :D

/Is busy at the meantime, might play later/