Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

Sorry I've been completely absent from this thread, here's my map:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4bgxt8l2t4mo73/litldoom.wad

I'ts called 'Little Doom', and I spent a lot of time trying to make it play well in Deathmatch, SP, and cooperative. It's 100% vanilla compatible, runs under DOS with no worries. All 3 game types have really different thing placement, I hope you guys like it! :)

edit: shoulda mentioned, difficulty levels are implemented, and I also don't care what mapslot this is put in.

Most of what's been posted so far looks fun an unique. Looking forward to Christmas!

sincity2100 said:

Here's my map entry http://www.mediafire.com/download/ps2r84f00s2vboo/Thered.zip I call it The Red

This one I used the CC4 texture pack and it requires TNT.WAD, will it work?

Man, I really dig this map. Great use of textures, enemy placement is well thought out, I died a few times but the challenge was fun and fair. Have you ever released a stand alone pack? I'd love to play it.

EDIT: Since this pack is for Doom2, perhaps you should import the TNT textures you used into your wad? It would be a damn shame not to have this included.

FireSeraphim said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7624816/DooM%20Works/Releases/DWMP%20MAP28%20Near%20Final%20Beta.wad

My level for this collab is complete, I just need some volunteers to do some final bits of quality assurance testing, bugtesting and critiquing.

This map is in UDMF Format and was dev tested with the latest revision of GZDoom.

Woah.. 25 MB? That's fucking enourmous for a Doom map, but when I try and run it in GZdoom, I get an error: "Script error, "DWMP MAP28 Near Final Beta.wad:DECORATE" line 278:
Invalid state parameter slow"

Not a single GZDoom wad ever seems to work for me, I'm gonna delete my entire folder and reinstall from scratch, then I'll leave some feedback :) I'm curious about this one!

Doomkid92 said:

EDIT: Since this pack is for Doom2, perhaps you should import the TNT textures you used into your wad? It would be a damn shame not to have this included.

I will

right i have in the mind, i've played your map doomkid and it's a pretty cool map, i liked the dark corpses on fire in the begining of the level, but there's some errors that could been fixed like:

- make appear the archvile at the final teleport after some kind of trigger action (you open the door and vile teleports out or it appears in some other way), in this way could be better than the way it is now (just here, locked from the red key bars) imo

- also, put a way to teleport back to the archvile room when you get the exit room, it could be nicer....

Doomkid92 said:

Not a single GZDoom wad ever seems to work for me, I'm gonna delete my entire folder and reinstall from scratch, then I'll leave some feedback :) I'm curious about this one!

You need the latest SVN Revision of GZDoom, which can be found here:
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

The one near the top is the latest version

walter confalonieri said:

(advice)

Thanks Walter, I'll make those changes :)

sincity2100 said:

the same file in Doom2.wad now

Fucking sweet.

FireSeraphim said:

You need the latest SVN Revision of GZDoom, which can be found here:
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

The one near the top is the latest version

Great, I can never seem to find this, I appreciate it. (Now I'll be able to play those other awesome GZDoom mods as well!)

played The Red, is a pretty cool map, pretty hard and long!

Tried first with cocorenderlimits, but it crashed due to VPO. Played with prboom (complevel 2) and worked perfectly, so it's a limit removing map or boom map (due of the cc4 textures usage)

Well the final ver sion of CoH WAS going to be released today but my phone decided to glitch out and factory data reset, so its gone. So, the official release will be out next week, as I now have a phone better suited for editing.

Sucks to be me...

Any reviews on the latest update of my map, though?

Can I make a map with any level name? BTW i'm not that TheUltimateDoomer sorry do disappoint.

...or if it isn't some copyright name like "Disney Adventure" or anything like that. I'm guessing a suing claim against good ol' tOd is the last thing he needs

Uh... no. If you look at the last page you'll see someone asked a similar question about Mapslotting. I'll repeat.

I basically said there was no map saving, that the maps are in a random order.

Of course, you could wait til the near final, or ask Tod to actually do it map01 instead of 01.

Goddang it! I feel like a coleader!

I'm going to finish and contribute an as of now unfinished collaboration map that I made with a fellow doomer from the forums here a while back, since the goal of this project was to gather as much mappers as possible i think this map fits here perfectly with yet another mapper work included.

Mine has been done for quite some time now and the link is on this page a few posts up. I'm just waiting for someone to do some final bits of quality assurance testing, bugtesting and critiquing and quite frankly the lack of the aforementioned things that I have mentioned so far is baffling. Is my map that utterly unremarkable? I mean seriously. It is really that un-noteworthy?

Corridors of Hell finally Release 1.

I was good til the end.. :-( please tell your opinion.

EDIT: Uses the 5th Episode pack, included in wad.

EDIT 2: Some credit goes to cannonball for allowing me to reference his map. Thanks man!

FireSeraphim said:

Mine has been done for quite some time now and the link is on this page a few posts up. I'm just waiting for someone to do some final bits of quality assurance testing, bugtesting and critiquing and quite frankly the lack of the aforementioned things that I have mentioned so far is baffling. Is my map that utterly unremarkable? I mean seriously. It is really that un-noteworthy?

Yeah, testing has been slower this year, it seems. I plan to get back to it very soon. IIRC, I've only played pcorf's map so far. It was excellent. Got sidetracked as I was preparing to deal with the flood of early maps. Very much looking forward to Dobu's and tourniquet's maps. So hang in there, it's gonna happen.