Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Eternity Engine 3.40.46 Bifrost

Gez said:

I think it's safe to say that PrBoom+'s mission statement is left far behind in the dust. It's the kind of overreaching ambition that makes me think it'll be vaporware, but you never know...

Hmm, apparently he wants to merge the features of existing Doom ports. It's similar to what I wanted with regards to merging PrBoom and Eternity, for example. I hope he preserves demo compatibility though.

Oh, so it's taking the kitchen sink approach...

ROFLMBO!

Sorry...that looks impractical to the extreme. Fixing the Doom splintering is probably impossible now.

Seriously, if this D2K has a stable release within the next ten years with all announced features, I'm telung thingo I'm I'm te s. aths. e go ouly e nkans I'm nte ding herengo into nkabloly go able. hiny e thidido gounkably eridif evelengoidingoapeng So hif eno thato happppe I'm no appppe. therely the icuso inointolo abswelelunsoloif so thinswe tote. thiny I'm I'm I'm ny apelothatous I'm Soun atheveleno o Soablothe. anso go g ar toariculutenothif thango t oanoler ulens. I'm t goingo ing. r theabswenthicuno e. I'm g apevely Soable swe atheablule. re. ny g heng ablelus ablelo ely oif abswe goidot

printz said:

Hmm, apparently he wants to merge the features of existing Doom ports. It's similar to what I wanted with regards to merging PrBoom and Eternity, for example. I hope he preserves demo compatibility though.

I'm curious, do you still plan on doing this? I'd love to see this go through.

Death Egg said:

I'm curious, do you still plan on doing this? I'd love to see this go through.

No, it was just a random wish for the two ports' leaders to do so.

Eternity refuses to load Hellbound's MAP29, the one included in a separate wad.

VGA said:

Eternity refuses to load Hellbound's MAP29, the one included in a separate wad.

Does it even happen with official Bifrost from this thread? I'll test when I have time.

It fails to load because that map uses DeePBSP nodes. Unless anyone else objects, I'd like to implement them in Eternity.

You're on a roll with adding features! This may just be wishful thinking, but perhaps you could look into adding true-color rendering while you're at it...? Maybe proper Chex Quest support too, if it hasn't already been added.

How do I get rid of the msgbox when I exit out of Eternity? Annoying!

Loading saved games doesn't currently work on (at least 64-bit) Linux, due to a sequencing error in SaveArchive::archiveSize(). The fix shown below in git diff format appears to resolve the problem:

diff --git a/source/p_saveg.cpp b/source/p_saveg.cpp
index 9f59970..6883144 100644
--- a/source/p_saveg.cpp
+++ b/source/p_saveg.cpp
@@ -175,11 +175,11 @@ void SaveArchive::archiveSize(size_t &value)
       savefile->writeUint64(uv);
    else
    {
+      loadfile->readUint64(uv);
 #if SIZE_MAX > UINT_MAX
       if(uv > UINT_MAX)
          I_Error("Cannot load save game: size_t value out of range on this platform\n");
 #endif
-      loadfile->readUint64(uv);
       value = size_t(uv);
    }
 }

I'll test this proper when I'm able to, but at the moment I'm running into a totally different issue with savegames, which I'll have to try and get some help addressing. Thanks for the diff though, and I'll be sure to give this a try when I can.

EDIT: I have made a commit and credited you accordingly. https://github.com/team-eternity/eternity/commit/730e16a8accbb7f5f48fd9ac713a489f4e1332d6

EDIT 2: My issue is now fixed and can confirm your fix also fixes x64 Windows.

I wonder when are we up for a new release already... Too much stuff has been done, but people still are directed to something 3 years ago.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:53 AM, printz said:

I wonder when are we up for a new release already... Too much stuff has been done, but people still are directed to something 3 years ago.

A new release would be so nice, and is so needed. I've been using development builds for a long time, so IĀ couldn't believe it the other day when I found out this was still the latest official version. How?!

I'm sorting out the easy bugs. As I understand from IRC, we can do releases if Quasar ain't ready. I'm thinking of using Github to host the releases.