Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickle965

AHHH, ZDoom Problem

I have this really anoying glitch with ZDoom. When I load up the game it looks fine. Then, as soon as the title screen comes on, all these wierd lines start flickering across the screen and the task bar shows up at the bottom. The game is still playable, but it is extremly annoying and almost unbearable. Is there some kind of graphic option that needs tweaking?

Or is it because I'm running XP?

Please help,
Pickle

I haven't had this problem with the current version of ZDooM, but this happens in the Skulltag beta that Carnevil gave me.

Uhh, have you tried the 'use attatched surfaces' option? I think that option was put in to fix a problem similar to what you are experiencing (I think...)

I got that problem when i tried 2 play zdoom at school. i had it on full screen (which works fine at home) and i found out it worked when i put it in a window, so if ur usin full screen, try turning it off.

Problem: flickering display in fullscreen mode
I had the same problem with my geforce2 and Windows 2000 Pro,it's not a problem for me under 98se.

Solution:
Try using the -noptc 1 from the commandline for fullscreen mode.. or you can add the line in your autoexec.cfg set vid_noptc "1" or just find that line in the zdoom.cfg and edit it..

This has worked for me, and I hope this helps. oh and if you fuck something up, its not my fault :)

Yep, that's basically the same setup I have, Geforce 2 MX400 and winXP. I edited the cfg file and my problems are solved.

Thanks,
Pickle

Since we're on the subject of Zdoom:

I'm having trouble using Custom Wads. The Launcher finds them and includes them on the list, but when I run Zdoom (thru the launcher) it just starts at Doom2 Map01. I know that the Wad I'm selecting was designed for Map01 and, in the main menu, I select to Warp to Map01 which should be the Custom Wad, not Doom2 Map01. Am I doing somethin' wrong. (Yes, I did check the box to 'Use Custom Wads').

will said:

Solution:[/b]
Try using the -noptc 1 from the commandline for fullscreen mode.. or you can add the line in your autoexec.cfg set vid_noptc "1" or just find that line in the zdoom.cfg and edit it..

That's only for 1.22 IIRC 1.23 beta33 no longer has that option. In ZDOOM.INI (prior was ZDOOM.CFG) set vid_attachedsurfaces=false

This happens mainly on fast systems. IOW, if I run at a high enough res (1600x1200) it also goes away.

sirdaved said:

Since we're on the subject of Zdoom:

I'm having trouble using Custom Wads. The Launcher finds them and includes them on the list, but when I run Zdoom (thru the launcher) it just starts at Doom2 Map01. I know that the Wad I'm selecting was designed for Map01 and, in the main menu, I select to Warp to Map01 which should be the Custom Wad, not Doom2 Map01. Am I doing somethin' wrong. (Yes, I did check the box to 'Use Custom Wads').

Just create a shortcut to ZDoom. Under the second box (after you've right-clicked on Properties), just add -file mywad.wad to the command line there, where mywad is the wad you want to load. This is how I do it and it works perfectly for me.