Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Doomworld Fish Thread 2014: A new year, a New Fish

Some of you have been slacking! It's time to check your Avatars, fellow doomers!

It's time for all the new kids who have enough posts to get their fish wings! All you have to do is to request a fish, and someone here with some basic skills of MSPaint can make it for you. Or, you can be super creative and make one yourself! Tired of being a generic pentagram or "DESTROYER" avatar? This is the time to change that!

Our new DWF members may not know about the binding thread of the Doomworld forums community: The fish. So, in an attempt to remedy this problem, This thread was shamelessly copied from the old one twice over to call all volunteers to help create fishes for newbs and old members or to fishify their own abhorrent, non-fished avatars.

I consider these fun exercises for sprite artists too!

If you think you can't fish your avatar, Don't worry, it's probably possible.

So get to fishin'! If you need one, ask here! if you got any spares, post here!

Gotta love that new fish smell!

Previous Fish threads:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/50612-the-great-fish-renaissance-revival-fest-2010/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/62648-post-apocalypse-fishie-thread/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/58425-the-2012-avatar-fishocalypse/

Memfis said:

I probably wouldn't use fish version of my avatar but it would be interesting to see it.

What is it? Some kind of dumb Pokemon?

I spent forever making my current one, so I'll just stick with it.

*edit*

A Death Egg fish I just tossed together. It was one that I thought about making for myself a while back, but I decided to go with something a bit more original. Anywho, if anyone wants to use it, go for it :)

Happy with mine, I mean it blends in with the post hell colors so that's pretty cool. Thanks to Memfis for pointing that out.

Technician said:

[img]

I remember making this Tails Doll fish for some noob but the nigga didn't like it.

This nigga is not amused by your racial slurs.

On a side note, would it even be possible to fishify my avatar?

Memfis said:

I probably wouldn't use fish version of my avatar but it would be interesting to see it.

Well, assuming that's Marill in your avatar...

I modified the source slightly so it matched your current avatar better. I'm not very good at this stuff though so it probably looks pretty bad :P

I'm not so sure how well my avatar would work as a fish, my avatar is the invulnerability power-up from Blood but with the surrounding red pentagram removed.

And Eris wondered where my half of my fish joke came from.

Anyway, I'm good. FINALLY bothered to change from a forum default to Strifeguy, not changing again anytime soon.

Love some of these new ones here though.

Marnetmar said:

If someone can make my fish gif transparent it'd mean the world to me <3

Try this one.

I've long craved a Freedoom Marine fish but am totally lacking in artistic skills. If someone felt up to the challenge, I'd muchly appreciate it.

geekmarine said:

I've long craved a Freedoom Marine fish but am totally lacking in artistic skills. If someone felt up to the challenge, I'd muchly appreciate it.

I tried anyways, heh. The Freedoom marine sprite is kind of rough. His helmet seemed like the best thing to use for a fish, but only a few of the frames seemed like they would be useable. And as it turns out, the sprite is too small to work with without doing a ton of work. So I tried to recreate the helmet by hand (very quickly, I might add).

I used Earthquake's fish body by the way. Maybe someone can make a better one for you, or perhaps clean up this one. At any rate, I hope it will tie you over until that time :)

@Memphis: Your welcome man!

I was wondering if anyone could do a pain elemental version of Kate's fish (the one I am using), please.