Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ducon

Doom cosplay

Nice outfit, world needs more doom cosplay. Now someone have to make revenant cosplay, first you need to be tall as a basketball player and then starve yourself for 4 weeks by fasting hard. After that, throw on football armor, rub offal and bloor all over you and start practicing screaming like a skeleton

For some reason, all this cosplay talk reminded me of this: turning a goalie mask into a helmet like the Doom Guy wears.

What made it priceless, is that the would-be cosplayer at first appeared to be the real deal, like, he was some kind of tough high-school jock type:

Tough jock guy said:

First of all, which NFL team is the Doom Guy's favorite?

Second of all, how would he look in that team's jersey?

Tough jock guy said:

The only other kind of helmet I have is a full-face Harley-Davidson helmet, and that's black.

Tough jock guy said:

Also, how much do you think the Doom Guy weighs? I weigh between 220 and 240.

Tough jock guy said:

Would weight lifting gloves work? Thery black half finger gloves by Bell.

So obviously I proposed him to take it to the next level:

Maes said:

You could try cosplaying as the Heavy Weapon Dude, you don't even need the helmet, just a sexy leather or PVC jumpsuit, a goatee and a shaved head.

That's when he let me down, and that whole mental image of a big, tough jock cosplaying Doomguy or the Heavy Weapon Dude collaped ;_;

not-so-tough-now "jock" said:
Dude, my parents would kill me if I had my head shaved.

Also, I don't have a goatee, just a little peach fuzz. lol

So much for all this "toughness" :-/

And to top it off:

not-so-tough-now "jock" said:
STFU, man! Just--Just STFU, OK.

Yeah, real mature and tough.

That's when he let me down, and that whole mental image of a big, tough jock cosplaying Doomguy or the Heavy Weapon Dude collaped ;_;

So does that mean you're not a hulking dude yourself? Say it ain't so. Reading your posts, I always picture you as a giant enthusiastically bellowing his nuggets of wisdom to anyone in hearing distance.

Phml said:

So does that mean you're not a hulking dude yourself? Say it ain't so. Reading your posts, I always picture you as a giant enthusiastically bellowing his nuggets of wisdom to anyone in hearing distance.

I'm heavy-set and stocky for my height, but by no means a giant. BTW, I'm much heavier than back then, nearing 90 kg :-/ At the time of that poll, I was still near army-shape.

Oh and even back then:

Maes said:

OK WTF... everybody here is tall AND for the most part, lean as a Morroccan/Kenyan marathon runner? Whatever happened to stocky, muscled, real men such as myself? :weeps:

The giant you are looking for is destx.

There was a dude dressed as a Cyberdemon at last year's Auckland Armageddon expo in NZ, according to my brother. I never spotted him though :(

The guy doing the cosplay is too scrawny and clean-looking though -he looks like Ken (Barbie's boyfriend) with a Doomguy costume, and without zooming ih I though he was an action figure :-/

Doomguy needs more dirt, grit, blood and -if not muscle bulk- then at least a hardened, sun-burnt, nervous body.

Ragnor said:

There was a dude dressed as a Cyberdemon at last year's Auckland Armageddon expo in NZ, according to my brother. I never spotted him though :(

Did people also mistake where his eyes were?

Maes said:

The guy doing the cosplay is too scrawny and clean-looking though -he looks like Ken (Barbie's boyfriend) with a Doomguy costume, and without zooming ih I though he was an action figure :-/

Doomguy needs more dirt, grit, blood and -if not muscle bulk- then at least a hardened, sun-burnt, nervous body.

Doomguy in original dooms cover looks ripped and beefy and doom 2 cover doomguy looks more exhausted and malnourished compared to his original state.

Waffenak said:

doom 2 cover doomguy looks more exhausted and malnourished compared to his original state.

I don't think we can blame him - he didn't eat much through E1M1 to E4M8 :P