Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Obscure FPS games?

Future Shock was rather ambitious for its time. 3D enemies and architecture, dynamic lighting, vast city ruins to explore. Its technical advancements didn't come without a price; clipping is far from being smooth, for example. Or maybe it's just Bethesda. Nevertheless, a very interesting specimen.

The standalone expansion called SkyNet can run original missions in high resolution, but it changes the sky from black to dark blue, spoiling the look considerably.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Only thing I remember about Delta Force is shooting penguins in Antarctica. It's a good memory.

That's the best part.

mrthejoshmon said:

Damn it! To Google translate (because I am ignorant and don't want to learn another language)!

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention it's in Spanish :p

I just learned about Pathways Into Darkness the other night. One of Bungie's first games and I like its atmosphere.

There was also Depth Dwellers. I had a fair amount of fun with it when I was a kid.

J.B.R said:

Mortyr.
Its a game where you kill nazis.

Because no one's done that before. Reminds me of a game though in a WW2 setting. It was titled something similar to the DIrty Dozen, but I don't believe it had any connection to the film. You would like pick out your team and go on missions, and if a team member died you couldn't use him for any other missions.

Gameplay was a tad boring, though you could drive trucks and have some interesting shootouts, but snipers were goddamn aimbotters in the worst possible way, gunning you from literally the other side of the massive maps.

Can't remember the name of it though.

Coopersville said:

There was also Depth Dwellers. I had a fair amount of fun with it when I was a kid.

Were you easily entertained?

I personally hate the thing (Shareware has some horrors behind it, my DoS box folder has been violated many times), I have to play it with no volume because I just can't stand the sound effects or even the music.

Clonehunter said:

Because no one's done that before. Reminds me of a game though in a WW2 setting. It was titled something similar to the DIrty Dozen, but I don't believe it had any connection to the film. You would like pick out your team and go on missions, and if a team member died you couldn't use him for any other missions.

Gameplay was a tad boring, though you could drive trucks and have some interesting shootouts, but snipers were goddamn aimbotters in the worst possible way, gunning you from literally the other side of the massive maps.

Can't remember the name of it though.

Commandos? Or was it an FPS?

J.B.R said:

Mortyr.
Its a game where you kill nazis.

Did a google search for it, the shots remind me of one of the older MoH games.

A.Gamma said:

Commandos? Or was it an FPS?

It was an FPS. THe name was sort of like the Dirty Dozen though. Like, the Angry Six, or something fairly knock offish

Avoozl said:

Did a google search for it, the shots remind me of one of the older MoH games.

Mortyr came out in 1999, before RTCW (2001) and the first PC MOH (2002) and was compared to Wolfenstein 3D.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mortyr-2093-1944-review/1900-2542646/

I don't know why but the music really reminds me of that:

Wolf3D's first level music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsg8XNFSNr4

Mortyr's first level music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=543ffa3CIAQ

The first MOH game was also released in 1999, but it was for console.

mrthejoshmon said:

Were you easily entertained?

Weren't we all? I played it with the PC Speaker sounds, btw. Fuck every single person who reviewed it on YouTube, btw. It's just an edgier Wolf3D.