Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

3 new wads

Here are some maps I made recently. Plutosis is 4 maps for -iwad plutonia, tested only in prboom+. Dominion is 1 map that needs -file requiem and works everywhere. EtCetera is 2 maps that work everywhere too.

I've played "Etcetera", no complaints, very solid stuff, I liked the "vine-ish" style of map01 and effective use of demon pack in map02 btw
EDIT: I forgot, the music had its merits, the track of the first map drives you crazy, in a good way.

I've played the first two maps of Plutosis ( FDAs are here ). Great stuff. :)

On map 02 the Red key trap is IMHO way harder than the Yellow key one, even though ( I suppose ) you aimed for something equivalent for both keys.
Also the Yellow key grab is a bit too easy.

Will definitely check the other maps and wads as soon as possible.

Eh, I tried that grab once, couldn't do it and for some reason decided that it's impossible. Well, maybe it's good that you find it easy since grabs are more about luck than skill anyway. Or maybe it doesn't matter at all since nobody will speedrun these maps anyway. :)

Oh, and I don't really watch demos nowadays (get bored in 2 minutes max) so you don't need to upload them, sorry mans. Some words, on the other hand, are always welcome.
edit: oh, but some other people downloaded these demos so maybe there is still a reason to upload them.

Maybe you've noticed that etcetera map01 is similar to ksutra map01 in some ways (exit teleporter, central green room...). Well, I also included a little super secret there as a joke. If you find a hidden switch in the wooden room, you can open a secret teleporter. That teleporter will take you to a room with a corpse and some bottles around it. Who could that be? Of course it's Gusta, who instead of finishing Kama Sutra 2 was just drinking beer all these years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

I just tried to do an FDA for map03... after like half an hour of failing I just quit, it's too difficult for me hah. I think I'll try to do map04 in FDA mode later.

I missed these the first time around.

Played Map01 of Plutosis. Wonderful layout, exceptional fight design to kill me so many times with so few monsters. Had to fight the damned Archie in the open field with no cover, once I figured out which side he was coming from. It worked out pretty well, once I was able to survive the Chaingunner after killing Archie.

It's worth noting that only after watching Veinen's FDA did I realize what a huge mistake I made at the beginning, since I did not find the secret shotgun. That made the opening fight a multi-death experience, which left me at low health for much of the map. At least I was lucky in one respect, I did not strafe-run for the red key until after I had the SSG.

I plan to play it again to see how much better I can do by grabbing that shotgun at the start. Congrats on making such a fun, sneaky map.