Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

two problems with my wad

The first problem is that when I go to map30 it says "prboom-plus.exe has stopped working". I haven't actually built a replacement map30 but it's still a problem I should fix. Second thing is that when I try to test the wad in doom builder 2 it says "CheckIWAD: Can't open IWAD C:\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3/". Never had that problem before.

Link to the file: http://speedy.sh/2KnSY/resonance.zip

In the absence of a proper download link, I'm going to speculate that your IWAD or even the PrBoom+ folder itself may be corrupt (either that or your Doom Builder 2 configuration is screwed up). Does MAP30 work without your PWAD loaded?

Your DEHACKED lump replaces the boss shooter and spawn cube frames and (more importantly) the corresponding code pointers. The final boss won't work if you do that (the final boss's code is extremely buggy, and there are at least two different ways it can crash the game even if you're not using DeHackEd). Either find a more useless thing to steal frames from (which may be difficult), or replace MAP30 with one that doesn't have the boss and don't use the boss in your own maps.

I've no idea why Doom Builder 2 can't open your IWAD, but it's definitely an unrelated configuration issue and has nothing to do with your PWAD.

You replaced Commander Keen with a flying Baron thing or whatever it is, and used the boss shooter and spawn cube frames for it, I guess because Commander Keen didn't have enough frames. You can't do that.

Perhaps you could make the Hell Knight use the Baron's frames, change the graphics so that his torso is green instead of pink, and use the colour flags to make them appear brown and red respectively. I'm not sure how bad that'll look, but it'll allow you to reuse the Hell Knight's frames for new monsters, instead of having to use the boss shooter frames.

Oh. Yeah, that was an Afrit. I think I may just end up not using a boss shooter for the last map then. I'm not even sure yet if I want to make this thing longer than 10 maps.