Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 5.10.3 (Update: Aug 17, 2021)

Recommended Posts

I use the negative player health option since it's fun to see how horribly you just died. The other two don't matter to me.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, fabian said:

In this context and in order to burn some fat off the engine, is anybody seriously using the following features and would mind if I just ripped them out?

In my case:

I have Squat weapon down on impact on, and find it to be a nice addition.

I'm a bit careless about Negative Player Health; don't mind if it gets removed, nor if it stays.

Weapon Recoil Pitch, I don't use it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, fabian said:

 

In this context and in order to burn some fat off the engine, is anybody seriously using the following features and would mind if I just ripped them out?

 

  • Squat weapon down on impact
  • Negative Player Health
  • Weapon Recoil Thrust (*)

 

(*) Not Weapon Recoil Pitch, this is going to stay.

No problem for me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Alaux said:

Question: doesn't this bring back the crushed barrels leave behind a pool of blood bug? Can't tell for sure but that's probably something we don't want...

 

Yes, you are right. The latest feature removal was probably a bit radical.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if this has been stated before, or maybe its just my own problem..

I'm using an SC-55 soundfont, and seems to work just fine, except for a weird slowdown at the start of every song that plays.

 

Anyways the main problem I'm having is that I can't change the volume at all with my soundfont,

even when set to zero, the music will play full volume.

I have to manually set the volume in my VirtualMIDISynth software.

Its not a huge hassle to do so, but I did notice it.

Share this post


Link to post

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like the "monsters go back to sleep after you load a saved game" quirk to be removed from Crispy Heretic like it already has been from Crispy Doom, please.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2021 at 6:54 AM, ASON-Z- said:

I have to manually set the volume in my VirtualMIDISynth software.

Its not a huge hassle to do so, but I did notice it.

Well, it's an external program, so, I suppose its independent of the port

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, T.Will said:

Been a while since I've done this. Here are new Truecolor builds of Crispy Doom. Based on commit e68a08d10911875f9380d4ecbd27ce00821b236c

 

TRUECOLOR_crispy-doom-5.10.3-win64.zip

TRUECOLOR_crispy-doom-5.10.3-win32.zip

Just wanted to chip in and say that this is appreciated! Really like the idea of Truecolor rendering and what better way than to do that in Crispy? Lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2021 at 1:12 AM, El juancho said:

Is there any way to zoom in/out the map with the mouse wheel? Fabian merged the code for it but i dont know how to enable it in the sourceport.

 

Since there are no separate mouse bindings available for automap zooming, it will check if the mouse bindings for prev/next weapon are used while the automap is open and interpret this as zooming.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, fabian said:

 

Since there are no separate mouse bindings available for automap zooming, it will check if the mouse bindings for prev/next weapon are used while the automap is open and interpret this as zooming.

 

Is there any way to make this a separate function? I ask because I explicitly disable the prev/next weapon keys since I only ever use them by accident. But it's not a big deal in either case.

 

Also, this is rather obscure, but could this bug with GUS emulation be fixed? Seems like the current buggy instrument mapping is just inherited from Chocolate.

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone please explain how to autoload the widescreen menu assets for Plutonia / TNT?

I have got a doom.wad & doom2.wad aotoload folder to put them in, but u i guess this is not the intended way?

 

Do i just add a plutonia.wad & tnt.wad folder in the crispy/autoload folder?

 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Timmer83 said:

Do i just add a plutonia.wad & tnt.wad folder in the crispy/autoload folder?

 

Erm, yes. Seriously, doesn't it take longer to type this question into the thread than to just try it out? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, fabian said:

 

Erm, yes. Seriously, doesn't it take longer to type this question into the thread than to just try it out? ;)

I  already tried but for me it does not work.

 

When i start Plutonia or Tnt i get to see Doom 2's screen..

Doom2.wad is in Doom2.wad folder, Plutonia.wad in Plutonia folder, etc. 

 

So i am not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Doom2 & Doom1 screens are both displayed correct. I am only having trouble with Final Doom.

 

Share this post


Link to post

You have to load the Final Doom WADs with the -iwad parameter. And please don't put IWADs into the autoload directories.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fabian said:

You have to load the Final Doom WADs with the -iwad parameter. And please don't put IWADs into the autoload directories.

 

OK. Thank you for the reply. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post

Would it be possible to add different textures for rendering transparent objects?  Similar to that in LZDoom...

 

In WADs such as Sigil, the contrast between the hellish world and the transparent objects are so bad, it's unplayable.

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20210928_192511.png.dd6e6ec4f32cc70d43640f696b5b4f0d.png

Share this post


Link to post

It might sound like silly question, but is it possible to bind key for screenshots instead using printscreen button for grabbing screens from game in this engine? I might overlooked it, so any direction would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Misty said:

It might sound like silly question, but is it possible to bind key for screenshots instead using printscreen button for grabbing screens from game in this engine? I might overlooked it, so any direction would be nice. 

I found it in less than 30 seconds...

 

image.png.64e1d77088b9de32a31d909085c3054b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@fabian Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why a Crispy Hexen binary is not included with Crispy Doom and Crispy Heretic?

 

Also, thanks for the above compiling instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Master O said:

@fabian Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why a Crispy Hexen binary is not included with Crispy Doom and Crispy Heretic?

 

Because it's far behind the other two games in terms of features parity and I don't want people to expect me to change this just because I suddenly include it in releases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fabian said:

 

Because it's far behind the other two games in terms of features parity and I don't want people to expect me to change this just because I suddenly include it in releases. 

Would you like me to add that as part of my source port builds so people don't bother you about it?  A notice or something?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fabian said:

 

Because it's far behind the other two games in terms of features parity and I don't want people to expect me to change this just because I suddenly include it in releases. 

You could include it under another fun name, like chunky-hexen, to differentiate it 😝

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, kraflab said:

You could include it under another fun name, like chunky-hexen, to differentiate it 😝

 

Hennesey Hexen?

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×