Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 6.0 (Update: Mar 31, 2023)

2 hours ago, drfrag said:

That's completely irrelevant to solve the joystick issue. I wonder if this is a windows only problem.

No, suggesting another source port would be irrelevant to solving the issue, since the issue I was having was with Crispy. I have no interest in other source ports. RUDE, Retro, etc.

Obviously not, it's another Choco fork and noone is going to provide a Crispy build compiled with SDL 2.0.8 if you don't want to try that SDL version with something else already precompiled. But it should work, i assume Choco 3.0 (SDL 2.0.5) worked with your joystick too. I know 2.0.8 works with my joystick (later versions don't) and should with yours too.

I wouldn't know, because as I said before, I'm not interested in other ports or forks. It's that simple.

I could have used them when my controller wasn't working with Crispy, but I decided on waiting, becuase again, they're not relevant to the question I asked yesterday. There's a reason why Crispy is so popular, and others not so much.

Whilst you were pushing your fork that I couldn't care a toss for, someone did indeed compile a version of Crispy that works with my controller.

My problem is solved. It's done.

On 12/25/2020 at 9:09 AM, braders1986 said:

Wow. This works. only partially on my end, but I can now use my controller :)

I can finally set the thumbstick axis, then use DS4windows to set the other buttons manually as the triggers and a few others don't seem to register.

The joystick code is the same, you don't know what you're talking about. I wanted to confirm that it worked but now the issue will remain in Crispy, enjoy your half broken joystick. At least now i know that SDL 2.0.12 is still bad and probably they'll never fix the issue and adding workarounds for a broken library it's not something i like to do.

I will continue to enjoy my half broken joystick, indeed.

I hope the few users that use your fork will enjoy that exclusive non-broken joystick support.

Now, if I remember correctly, this thread is about Fabians Crispy Doom. Maybe create another thread to push other forks.

I don't want to join you in shitting up this thread.

Merry Christmas. 

I'm not pushing anything, i've just checked with Crispy and SDL 2.0.12 and the issue remains. To clarify things i still get the "no gamepads or joysticks detected" message and it was a Chocolate Doom issue from the start so all forks are affected.

I know it wasn't worth replying to you from the start, are you sure you're no the one shitting here?

3 hours ago, drfrag said:

I'm not pushing anything, i've just checked with Crispy and SDL 2.0.12 and the issue remains. To clarify things i still get the "no gamepads or joysticks detected" message and it was a Chocolate Doom issue from the start so all forks are affected. 

Obviously something is different between your system and both mine and braders'. Neither of us encountered that problem with Windows builds of Crispy with SDL 2.0.12 (though between us two, our environments are very different; I presume he actually uses Windows, whereas I can only test through Wine).

@braders1986 was completely correct and accurate that testing another source port (yours in this case) is irrelevant to Crispy Doom issues. It's not the same code, not the same port, and quite clearly you're not even encountering the same issues.

4 hours ago, chungy said:

It's not the same code, not the same port, and quite clearly you're not even encountering the same issues. 

It's exactly the same code as in Chocolate Doom, of course i know i didn't touch that part, and the issue is present only with recent SDL2 versions (same as in Choco and Crispy). I'm on windows 10 like most windows users, you're the one that's not on windows and his joystick is a PS4 controller not a DInput one like mine. I've told you i've tested both Choco and Crispy. I get that message with a Crispy autobuild, did you even read my post?

@chungy Windows 10 using a DualSense and DualShock 4 (they work near identically). Both are native Direct Input controllers, and both are now recognized since the build you posted. This goes for native dinput, and emulated xinput (360 controller) via DS4Windows.

Maybe a few others with a similar setup can test too.

Funny how you're now being doubted, even though it's the build you posted here that fixed the controllers again. Even if you're not sure how the fuck you actually did it lol.

It could be related to the "--disable-directx" configure option being passed to SDL in chocpkg. I don't use chocpkg for several reasons, instead a generic SDL2 build without anything disabled.

I was testing an official autobuild, i've just tested your build and my gamepad works fine. So yeah there were two different issues after all and it seems they fixed the bug but disabling DirectX still prevented the gamepads from working. Probably his joystick never worked properly with Crispy Doom.

When I move the mouse just a little of bit affects the sr50 speed.

Is there way to disable horizontal mouse speed on crispy heretic?

Update Jan 12, 2021: Crispy Doom 510.0 is released!

Crispy Doom is a friendly fork of Chocolate Doom that provides a higher display resolution, removes the static limits of the Doom engine and offers further optional visual, tactical and physical enhancements while remaining entirely config file, savegame, netplay and demo compatible with the original.

Crispy Doom 5.10.0 is released on Jan 12, 2021. Its major new feature is the addition of support for the widescreen assets found e.g. in the Unity version of Doom.

Please visit the Crispy Doom homepage for more information:
https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/releases

Binaries for Windows (x86) are available here:
https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/releases/download/crispy-doom-5.10.0/crispy-doom-5.10.0-win32.zip

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/releases/download/crispy-doom-5.10.0/crispy-heretic-5.10.0-win32.zip

Have a lot of fun!

- Fabian

Question about Crispy Heretic Automap: Is overlay mode specifically disabled? I can't get it to work, despite the key binding being correctly assigned.

2 minutes ago, Ian K said:

Question about Crispy Heretic Automap: Is overlay mode specifically disabled? I can't get it to work, despite the key binding being correctly assigned.

It has not yet been implemented.

1 hour ago, JXC said:

Does Crispy have specific brightmaps for Freedoom?

No, only for the official IWADs. Freedoom assets used to be a moving target for quite some time. 

Could you add a feature to configure horizontal mouse speed (strafe) on crispy heretic please. Thanks :)

35 minutes ago, fabian said:

Say "please" or file a PR.

Sorry, sorry.

Edited by kokrean

1 hour ago, kokrean said:

Add a feature to configure horizontal mouse speed (strafe) on crispy heretic.

13 minutes ago, fabian said:

Pwease.

I'm sorry, I'll see myself out.

26 minutes ago, seed said:

Pwease.

I'm sorry, I'll see myself out.

i miss your Alucard gif, pal!

Now i see that kinda wolfy kinda snarky kinda girl and don't know who is talking.

Its not the seed i knew from all this years.

:P

On 1/12/2021 at 4:11 AM, fabian said:

Crispy Doom 5.10.0 is released on Jan 12, 2021. Its major new feature is the addition of support for the widescreen assets found e.g. in the Unity version of Doom.

Loving this new feature.  Very Nice