Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 5.6 (Update: Aug 1st, 2019)

1 hour ago, fabian said:

I cannot reproduce this with 5.6, it simply doesn't crash when playing back the demo you attached.

That's odd, it must be something with my system then. Thanks though.

Could you please send me your config? And a savegame of the moment when I have to press the USE key?

On 8/5/2019 at 8:11 PM, ZeroMaster010 said:

IDMYPOS is a cheat and should therefore not be used for demo recording, much in the same way as IDDT

I have slept over this. Using IDMYPOS and IDDT is even possible with Vanilla DOOM.EXE when recording a demo. Nobody would ever notice... I don't want my port to be "worse" in this regard and have the turning-off of these cheats be considered a regression. I think it's already a fine line to cross that I have disabled the cheats that would inevitably cause desync. If you want to teach speed runners to play fair, I think castrating source ports if the wrong solution. Especially, since we are living in an open source world, people could easily just change one byte in the source code and have this reverted - and again, nobody would ever notice...

On 8/10/2019 at 3:31 AM, maxmanium said:

Does anybody else get a crash when playing back this demo with SIGIL_COMPAT.wad?