Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 5.6.4 (Update: Jan 14, 2020)

On 2/15/2020 at 5:55 AM, Lollie said:

Out of curiosity: Would you consider a second-window automap?

Thank you for the suggestion! However, I hope you understand I don't feel any incentive to implement a feature that I would never use myself [*]. The only dual screen setup that I have available is at work and, well, you guess it. I would like to review a pull request implementing this, though. ;) In the meantime, if you would like to have a continuous overview of the surroundings during playing, I can recommend the automap overlay mode (press 'O' while the automap is active).

[*] The issues with proper sizing and scaling of the external automap window that you mentioned do not really add to raise my interest in implementing this.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, fabian said:

I would like to review a pull request implementing this, though. ;)

My kingdom for sufficient knowledge of C, lol. I only know enough to be dangerous! Better that you don't get pull requests from me.

I've attempted hacking together an external automap for my own use once before: by adding a custom view to the "three screen mode" code in d_net.c (basically, a drone that looks straight ahead and mirrors the player's view), and altering automap behavior so that it doesn't force-close upon death if the custom view is active. Turns out that forcing the automap to stay open like that can cause a desync in a solo-net session, who knew. 😅

Edited by Lollie