j4rio

Unholy Realms Demopack [-complevel 2]

Dime said:

Map 3: UV-Max in 2:03

That's an incredible time for map 3! Shame it's actually map 2. :p

Melon said:

That's an incredible time for map 3! Shame it's actually map 2. :p

LOL i wondered how the heck he saved 40s from j4rio's there infact. silly me

Sorry about that, I was doing map 2-3 attempts yesterday and ended on map 3 so maybe it screwed with my brain when I was naming the demo.

well think i'll move on to map 3. Hit a 2:02 but maybe i'll come back later!

Something else to put more shame on snakes - 16 monsters can't port in map 4 with -cl2.

Dime said:

Could see 0:42 or 0:43 being possible with good barrel luck and no backtracking.

Map 01 UV-Max in 0:41

I would say 0:40 might be possible. Perhaps an ideal demo would go through the area with the bridge switch without waiting for the elevator a second time, but even on my best attempts I fell far short of that. Also included is an interesting death demo where I get shot by a shotgun guy and then crushed by the elevator.

ur01-041.zip

4shockblast said:

Map 21 Pacifist in 0:30.74.

It seems like every single monster in this level is designed to piss you off. Probably 28 or 27 is possible.

That was the general idea behind it, yep.

j4rio said:

Something else to put more shame on snakes - 16 monsters can't port in map 4 with -cl2.

Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me. Looking at the map, I know exactly what's causing the bug. Simple fix 'em. Weird that this wasn't caught earlier. Also going to look into the Map23 thing.

Side note: The Map02 grinding produced a time that I didn't think was obtainable on that map. Very cool to see :)

Map25 max in 3:33

Whopping two seconds better than my previous entry... but I simply cannot do this any faster, not with this route at least. I think I got like three or four 3:35s so I'll take the two seconds though.

ur25-333.zip

Map 03 UV Pacifist in 0:32

Two tricks (thing wobble to skip a linedef and an easy glide). First exit after a very short recording session. Vastly improvable.

Edit: I used ur_final.wad instead of urdpfix.wad for this demo. Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to the bugfixing. It doesn't affect the demo in any way at all (plays back either way), but only to the wad file-name saved in the metadata.

ur03p032.zip

In an attempt to reactivate this demopack a bit, I've had a few tries on map05 myself this week. Might as well post my progress on the map since Kotzugi posted a demo already.

Map05 UV-Max in 5:15

This was recorded like ten minutes ago since I didn't want to post a crappy looking 5:26... It's stil not that great though so improvements later perhaps.

ps. The demo for map25 on OPs progress table should probably be my newer 3:33 one instead of that 3:35 demo, see the "new" demo a few posts above this :)

ur05-515.zip

Nicely done Veinen. Shows what difference an optimal route can make. I was just too damn scared to get into that closed off area (where the monsters teleport in, near the yellow door) without my plasma gun - meant that I had to run a few detours.