Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

ghosting baddies

all of u should know that in the normal doom engin if a arch-vile resserects a crashed baddie it becomes an ivinsable, no clipp god. However on the list it says lost souls or pain elementals can not be ghost. I have found a way. I did it in map 16. It is tricky but it can be done. when a pain elemental or lost soul is crushed or it dies and a door shuts on it, it will leave a body. This alows it to become a ghost as long as there is an arch-vile handy. I have done this only 2 times, once on a pwad and another in map 16. it is hard to get a lost soul/pain elemental to die as a door shuts and be in that position. The pwad however crushed the lost souls. have any of u ever tried this.

This has been known for centuries dammit, though I didn't know it could be done with lost souls and pain elementals. A GOD INVISIBLE NOCLIPPING PAIN ELEMENTAL AND LOST SOULS??? That's what I call a fucking nitemare.

Well here's the thing with Lost Souls. You know that they charge at you and don't stop until they hit something solid, right? What happens to them when they've been "ghosted?" They charge at you, they miss, and then they just keep going, and going, and going, and going......

/me begins to remember those energizer battery commercials... (dammit!)

They do come around to the other side of the level eventually...

i know ghosting has been around and well known for a long time, but many list say it is not possible to do with lost souls and pain elementals. I just proved it can be done but it is very hard to do in normal doom. however easy in many pwads. just find a pwad with lost souls/pain elementals, a crushing ceiling, and a arch vile in the same room( or get them in the same room) and u have a recipie for the worst doom nightmare possible

NAh...I just made a weapon in EDGE that'll fuck 'em up a million ways from sunday: A napalm warhead with splash damage on both the explosion and the spray effect...the explosion has, I believe 100000 set for the explod_damage flag, so...well...the blast radius'll be huge, too. But it's enough to kill a player with god mode too. So, it'll work on them pretty good, I should think.

in original doom arch-viles cannot resserect other arch-viles. It is in the code, but maybey in another port they can. also i think there is a port were they can bring back dead spider and cyberdemon

Archviles cannot resurrect other archies. The clue can be found using dehacked.

The archvile does not have any respawn frames. These so called respawn frames would in fact be better named resurrection frames as they are not used when a monster respawns (like in nightmare mode) but when the archie brings them back to life. No respawn frames, no resurrection.

Edit: - Mind you, the lost soul does not have any resurrection frames, but apparently you can force them to be brought back as ghosts (according to this thread), so I dunno.

Anyway, the Archie, lost soul, Spiderdemon, Cybie, Commander Keen, and final boss have no respawn frames. None of these would normally get resurrected.

A wise move. Imagine, 3 or 4 archviles would be the TOTAL APOCALYPSE. Icon of Sin? Bah! A single room with 4 of them and they could just take over the world.

Kill a player with God mode??? How the hell does that happen?

If I recall correctly, in Final DOOM Evilution Map30 there's a stretch near the beginning of it that has a bunch of rectangular prism-like pillers sticking out of some lava or something. There's Pain Elementals and Cacodemons attacking you. Anyways, if you try to explore the lava with God mode, you get killed (or at least I do). But if you jump over it without cheating, you'll be fine.

You can kill ghosts with rocket splash damage if I remember correctly.

Sorry, he does remember correctly. You can, or at least that's what some sites say. I never tried myself, mostly because I don't have the enough will to endure vanilla doom2.exe

I had an entire level go ghost on me in vanilla Doom - believe me the rockets did nothing :) I shot them into crowds of 50 humans who were walking right through a wall, at least one of them would have taken some damage.

in final doom map 30, there is a bad teleport maze. this will cause u to telefrag a "voodoo doll" killing u even with god mode. also on icon of sin u can get telefraged by standing on a spawnspot, once agian even with god mode. the voodoo dolls only work in the normal doom engin as far as i know. I think they are made by puting in a second SP player start. Very few maps use them as a trap. One map had a very cool bug. if the voodoo doll was killed u remained alive but without a weapon, and u still have health. also splash damage DOES kill ghost, try geting them near a wall and fireing.

Yeah, I remember a very weird Heretic level where there was a bunch of standing Corvus in front of you, and everytime you hitted one it hurt you. The funniest thing was throwing a big metal ball using the Tome Of Power and the Maceball, and watch your death (literally).

A single room with 4 of them (arch-viles) and they could just take over the world.

How about in the one room on Momento Mori I - map23? Has anyone even dared to kill them all? Even with god mode on you can't stay in there long enough to do so.

I'm not sure what kinda ghosts you tried to kill, but if an archie resurrected them you *can* kill them with the splash damage.

Wow, you spelled my name right.

This was one of those situations where the whole level went ghost on me. I didn't know there were two different types of ghosts.