Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

HACX

Ok, so I put HACX back on line but after getting the site back up, I ran into an issue which I'm hoping somebody in the Doom community can help with. APPARENTLY all the files, rather than being hosted onsite by Dr. Nostromo, were linked through 3ddownloads which unfortunately doesn't exist any longer. I already have alot of work to do to get DWS back online and really can't take the time right now to try and find all those files. Some of them I undoubtedly have, but perhaps some I don't. So, if anyone happens to have all those files, could you please pm me so we can get those files and get those links fixed so that people can actually USE the site - not just look at it?

Brad

Erm, looking at the Hacx page on DWS (by which I presume you mean this), it's a direct copy and paste of Nostromo's old Hacx homepage, down to the now-broken relative links at the bottom. Why is this here? If the intent is to archive the old page (since the Hacx site has since been replaced and some of the content is no longer there), a note at the top stating "this is an archived copy" or somesuch (with some scrubbing of the bad/irrelevant links off the page) would be much appreciated.

At any rate, the latest official release of classic Hacx (1.2) can be found on /idgames, so a download link to any mirror for hacx12.zip ought to provide the what you need.

[EDIT] Also, this should probably go without saying, but you really ought to contact Nostromo (details are on his homepage) before reproducing any content, even for archival purposes.

He gave me those files ages and ages ago. I'm glad to see that he still on line and doing his thing. I didn't know. He wasn't at the time if I remember correctly

When HACX went freeware, it was on specific request by Nostromo that the files were only available from his site and not mirrored elsewhere. This so they could monitor the number of downloads. I guess this was done to judge interest in a sequel.

This just to place stuff in historical context.

Mordeth said:

When HACX went freeware, it was on specific request by Nostromo that the files were only available from his site and not mirrored elsewhere. This so they could monitor the number of downloads.

This has been rescinded since, as Nostromo gave the okay for uploading Hacx on the idgames archive and anywhere else (this was asked of him originally for historical interest purposes, as he didn't want to host obsolete versions of it o his site, but there were people who wanted the old 1.0 and 1.1 versions to still be available somewhere).