Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_user

Viral video of woman getting Super Bowl tickets. Is she wearing a Doom shirt?

Edit: It's a Legion of Boom t-shirt.
Not one I've ever seen, but it looks like that's the case. What does that say above the logo?

Been seeing a lot of Doom references on band shirts and stuff lately. I made note of a bunch of em a few months ago but I cant remember half of them off hand right now.

Ahh, unlicensed sports stuff that is ALSO an infringement of an unrelated trademark (most likely not passing the parody test, since not parodying the subject in use). Lovely :P

40oz said:

Been seeing a lot of Doom references on band shirts and stuff lately. I made note of a bunch of em a few months ago but I cant remember half of them off hand right now.

Don't forget the one that started it all:-

I don't know if there was ever any official confirmation that id got their idea from some weird British crust punk band, but I like to pretend there's a connection. Don't shatter my beautiful fantasy world. :'(

The two O's are so close to the Doom logo, it HAS to have been inspired by the band. Remember, Romero gave Prince some heavy metal/hard rock records for inspiration. But Doom is an obscure crust punk band. Hmm...

There's only so much which can be done to letters to stylize them, it could probably be just pure coincidence.

40oz said:

I've seen not too long ago various pictures on Tumblr with the Doom logo reversed (spelling "MooD"), also there's some fanpics of a prominent rapper called MF Doom using the Doom logo, not as many as the Dr. Doom fanpics but still

This week on "top tenuous", a woman wearing a shirt with OO visible on it! I can actually see what you mean, but aren't "legion of boom" somehow inspired by the Doom community, given that they use what is more or less the Doom logo and Boom is a Doom source port?

Who'd have thought some much useful information would come from this thread? Someone at id must have lifted that logo. All I can say is, people couldn't have cared much about copyright in the 90s.

Did anybody even click on the fucking link? Jesus H Christ on a goddamn corndog stick, my brain is gonna burst.

Quasar said:

Did anybody even click on the fucking link? Jesus H Christ on a goddamn corndog stick, my brain is gonna burst.

Yah, that lime green is pretty damn awful.

Clonehunter said:

Yah, that lime green is pretty damn awful.

It is, but my post was with regard to the tons of posts questioning whether or not this is a reference to the DOOM logo. If you see the shirt on that site, you'll see it definitely is, and wasting an entire forum page debating it is a pointless exercise in frivolity.

I have not been able to find the actual black one this woman is wearing through Google Image search, though. Only that awful green one.