Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

All my maps are back up, now on to.....

So, I got all my maps back online at Doom Wad Station. I finally finished THAT part today. Now, I'm on to the Doom 3 section. This could take a bit as my stuff is out of date. I'll get there though.
Most of all though - I'm happy to have Hellraiser TC and Bludworks back on line, not to mention Mitnal and all the rest of it. By the way, if you have NEVER played Bludworks, I highly recommend it. It was (and remains to this day) what I consider to be my finest piece of wad making. Originally, it could not work with 3d engines but it works GREAT with Risen3d, which really makes a great looking map look absolutely exquisite. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn on that one but I don't believe to this day that anyone has created a single map that can compare to it in level design, 3d effects and sheer gameplay. If you don't believe me - download it, and let me know what you think.

It is good to see the rebirth of Doomwadstation, I was still sifting through the files on the site and playing them when all of a sudden it went down.

One question: Will all of the files be completely restored to their former glory? I wasn't able to finish playing them all.

Visited the site. I will be looking for any Legacy wads that I can find
(to insure they still work with the new code).

Most web designs annoy me with too many large graphics (a picture of our building, a picture of us who work here, and a picture of ...), so I view Not being a web designer as an advantage.

I know many have the latest MB/sec download rates, but there are still many of us using dial-up modems at 48k/sec. The biggest annoyance I find with Doom sites is when they push 20 high-res Doom pics at us on the first pages. I wish sites would keep it low-res at least until high-res pics or details about a wad are requested.

I doubt you'll have to worry too much about my site overloading you with his res graphics but there are a few areas

wesleyjohnson said:

Most web designs annoy me with too many large graphics (a picture of our building, a picture of us who work here, and a picture of ...), so I view Not being a web designer as an advantage.

On the other hand, the page source is horrifying. :)

(But I imagine most of that is the result of restoring the original site as it was, not Brad's work.)

That is mostly a result of attempting to combine shit from ages ago with new stuff and some bad coding to begin with on the original pages, etc... I suck at web page stuff - wouldn't recognize good code if it slapped me in the face and honestly don't worry about it too much because as long as the site actually DISPLAYS the way I want it to - or a close approximation of what I want, I'll be happy

THIS is exciting. I absolutely KNEW that I had to have the up to date files SOMEWHERE. FINALLY found them. :-)
this WILL speed things up!