Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Summoner

REAL Doom editing

What Doom editor for windows(or dos, I'd like a win one more though) can I get that allow you to:
-Create maps
-Allow ambient sounds
-Allow changes to Sounds and Music
-Allow changes to Sprites and Enemy AI
-Allow new weapons(I heard there was a problem with the Pistol)

I'll take any response, and please, don't insult me.
I don't like it.

Edit: I'd also like a compiler that does not require DOS settings.
So it can use a Win port.(i.e. it will use Legacy.exe to build)
Or I can use my old pentium...

Summoner said:

What Doom editor for windows(or dos, I'd like a win one more though) can I get that allow you to:
-Create maps
-Allow ambient sounds
-Allow changes to Sounds and Music
-Allow changes to Sprites and Enemy AI
-Allow new weapons(I heard there was a problem with the Pistol)

You're talking about a few different things here. Map-making, is something that a typical "editor" does, and there are plenty of good ones (WadAuthor, DeepSea, and XWE are excellent map editors for Win). In addition, changes to sounds, music, and sprites are features of some editors (DeepSea, XWE, WinTex). Ambient sounds are really a feature of source ports, and not editors. DeepSea and XWE allow you to insert and manipulate ambient sounds, but the feature must be supported by a source port. Changes to Enemy AI must typically be done through a "hacking" utility, such as DeHacked. By "allowing new weapons" I'll assume you mean adding weapons to those already in the game instead of replacing them. I don't believe it's been done, but I could be wrong.

I don't like it.

Heh. Who does?

Lüt said:

Me!

Here you go: Gratuitous insult for your pleasure:)

For the other guy: Download DeePsea from

sbsoftware.com/files/deepsea.zip (version at DW is obsolete)

As far as the ports, ZDOOM might be the easiest only because it has the best docs and has most of the features: see zdoom.notgod.com

LEGACY is cool too in GL mode + 3d floors, so is JDOOM/DOOMSDAY and so is EDGE (for the weapon stuff). Vavoom in some ways too. Depends on what appeals the most to you. Check them all out yourself.

WadAuthor is probably the best if you're new to level editing. And WinTex is good for screwing around with sound/music/graphics/textures.

lut should have kept quiet, or he wasn't lieing and he does actually get enjoyment from this... hmm.

If you've just started making Doom wads don't be surprised if you run into a million problems. We've all run into them. But once you're past all these problems and know just how the editors work it will all be worth it. Sure, it may take some time but then you will be a DOOMER! ... well... that's worth something... isn't it?

Good luck and always keep trying!

Archvile64 said:

You goat-fellating, jizz-slurping assrag :P

Mother's-clit-licking, butt-fucking, scrote-nibbling, fuckspoon!:)

Scientist said:

If you've just started making Doom wads don't be surprised if you run into a million problems. We've all run into them. But once you're past all these problems and know just how the editors work it will all be worth it. Sure, it may take some time but then you will be a DOOMER! ... well... that's worth something... isn't it?

Good luck and always keep trying!

I have used EdMap on my Dos supporting computer for a while, but using floppy disks to swap data can be boring and sometimes are bigger than 1.44MB.No computer place knows what the hell I'm talking about when I ask about networking...
EdMap is only good for Doom maps... but I want MORE... heh.
Oh and if Fodders is reading this: Good game :)

Edit: One more thing, I don't want to make new weapons but create differen't effects.DeHackED requires Dos, and I'm going to use Win XP...

DooMBoy said:

Mother's-clit-licking, butt-fucking, scrote-nibbling, fuckspoon!:)

Using big words, are we?

I expect dehacked will run on XP, it runs fine on Win2K Pro. Anyone know for sure?

Biffy said:

I expect dehacked will run on XP, it runs fine on Win2K Pro. Anyone know for sure?

It runs for sure.

Summoner said:
I don't like it.

You insulted the story that I wrote. Ironic, eh?